[DAO: QmYpPYk] How to connect to Decentraland interactive training

by 0xd80004c7cf39b39e75a8129221d329b9882e9131 (Leandro#9131)

Should the following Tier 3: up to $5,000 USD in MANA, 3 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Community category be approved?

Abstract

This project consists of the development of interactive online training to teach users not familiar with Crypto, step-by-step, how to create, set up and connect a wallet to Decentroland in 3 different languages.

Development and Outcome:
The project will be developed in an authoring tool called Articulate storyline and exported as a SCORM file. The SCORM file can be uploaded to any website, LMS or hosted and accessed via a link.

Goals:
The main goal is to teach users not familiar with Crypto and metaverse how to connect to Decentroland in an interactive way.

Grant size

5,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0xd80004C7cF39b39E75a8129221d329B9882E9131

Description

As you might already know Descentraland is breaking the bubble and attracting the attention of people that are not familiar with the crypto world, the new joiners tend, and with reason to be sceptical and afraid of losing their money falling to scams, as an example today I asked a simple question on Decentraland official discord and got 4 scammers DM in less than 20 minutes.

This interactive digital training will teach the user by doing how to create their first wallet, set up and connect to Decentraland.

Development strategy:
The training will be created using manipulated screenshots, visual assets, animations and voice-over narration.
The user will hear and read the instruction and do it themselves click through a simulation of the Metamask user interface and Decentraland.

Following this development strategy, the training can be easily updated in case of updates and can also be translated to any available language without much effort.

The training will be divided into 4 modules:

1. What is a Decentraland and Mana token?
  2. How to install and secure your wallet (Metamask)
  3. How to configure your wallet and connect to Decentraland
  4. Sending Ethererium or Mana to your wallet.

Specification

Authoring tool:
Articulate storyline

Assets design:
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator

Export Media:
SCORM (html+javascript)

Where to use:

• It can be uploaded to any website
  • It can be hosted and accessed via the link
  • It can be hosted in an LMS and track progression, score etc.

Personnel

The development will be led by me, I am an Instructional Designer and former web developer/UX Designer. I have almost 10 years of experience working with e-learning globally.

My portfolio provides documentation of the most recent projects I have work from the
conception phase, storybook writing, design and development, starting with the most recent ones and moving backwards through time

https://www.linkedin.com/in/leosartori/

Roadmap and milestones

Development Sprint 1:

• Content gathering
  • Script and storybook writing
  • Screenshot capture
  • Assets creation (Illustrations, animations)

Approximately: 40 hours.

Development Sprint 2:

• Articulate storyline development
  • Screenshots embedding
  • Narration embedding
  • Subtitle creating

Approximately: 40 hours.

Development Sprint 3:

• Testing
  • Localisation (Spanish and Portuguese)
  • Hosting
  • Publishing

Approximately: 20 hours.

Progress updates will be published to the DAO channel in Discord.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

How to connect to Decentraland interactive training

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 326 VP (8 votes)
  • No 3% 38,750 VP (7 votes)