[DAO: QmZCcZN] Tutorials to teach new members how to join the DCL ecosystem in multi-languages

by 0x2a8c613eee8c97d1d33c36ed87e75abf44869627 (denosodeno#9627)

Should the following Tier 3: up to $5,000 USD in MANA, 3 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Content Creator category be approved?

Abstract

My videos will be aimed towards onboarding every part of the world into Decentraland.

The videos will range from getting started with metamask, obtaining mana, saving money on gas fees, navigating the marketplace, creating new wearables, and much more.

The purpose is to help onboard new users into the DCL ecosystem from every corner of the world.

Grant size

4,500 USD

Beneficiary address

0x2A8c613eee8c97d1d33c36eD87e75Abf44869627

Description

We all have had the learning curve of using metamask, obtaining crypto, bridging, etc. The crypto currency technology can be very confusing and hard to understand. Most of us look towards videos to help us figure it out, but what if there is nothing in your language? You may simply give up and move on.

This is something I would like to deter from in the future Decentraland growth.

I will be creating a standard, simple to follow, video that we can use as a base for each subject. From there I will make use of voice translators to voice over each video to compile an entire collection of tutorials in every language possible.

These languages will include:

• English
  • Spanish
  • Mandarin Chinese
  • French
  • Tagalog
  • Japanese
  • Arabic
  • Thai

Specification

Utilizing the Discord server we have filled with members of across the world, we will hire people of the native language that is needed per video. This will create income to those around the world, which in some countries may be well over their normal income, helping support a wide range of communities and families.

As a very last option, Google has created a lifelike speech bot that can translate and speak from text. We will be utilizing the technology they made available to us to fill in any language that we cannot obtain a fluid speaker. This is something we will refrain from using, unless absolutely needed so to meet any deadlines on the project.

Personnel

• Deno Duvruex

twitter.com/denosodeno

I will be creating the English videos alone, then hiring bi-lingual team members via Discord and DCL to join each video as a voice actor.

Roadmap and milestones

ROADMAP

• Create 5 tutorials to show a simple step-by-step process of each subject which include; Using metamask - Buying and bridging etheruem to stwitch into Mana - Joining DCL and how to get started in game - Navigating the DCL marketplace - How to get started selling your wearables/land as a creator

• Write a script for each language used in video

• Release all videos in language categorized folders

• Start a mass marketing campaign that till reward top referrals with wearables and Mana

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Tutorials to teach new members how to join the DCL ecosystem in multi-languages.

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 14,788 VP (19 votes)
  • No 1% 55 VP (1 votes)