[DAO: QmYnoUx] Should Events announcements be limited to 1 day or less at a time to be considered "Happening now"?

by 0x66b1488a32e21f2d2757713d16facd9d25ec977c (Roots)

I love to go to the Events page to see what is happening now or soon, so that I can be there when the cool stuff happens. As it stands, there is a rotating banner of trending events (I like this) A static list of trending events (a bit redundant, but if kept to 6 or less doesn’t bother me), then a bunch of events that started days or weeks ago, followed by events actually in progress or happening soon.

My problem lies with the events that are scheduled to last multiple days but really are only active for a few hours on the first day. Many times when I go to these events, the actual event is long over and no one is there. I think the event organizer should have to post a new event announcement for things that are multiple days or even if they run more than 3 hours. At the very least, I would be happy if there was a maximum time for an event of 24 hours. After that the announcement goes away. With something like a festival or long format event where there is activity for more than a few hours or even days, a new event announcement should be made for each segment of the event.

There is currently an event at the top of the list hat has been going on for 11 days. If you jump in to that parcel, there is nothing going on. Most events last 3 hours or less but the announcement may remain for weeks afterward.

Example image: This event ended 11 days ago - Album on Imgur

Should we continue to let event organizers hog the top slots of the Events page or should there be additional limits set to how long an event can be happening “now”?

(side note: Also, the Events.decentraland.org page behaves differently from the in game version. It would be nice if the in game version was more like the .org version).

• No, it is fine the way it is.
  • Yes, add limits to length of events.
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

To clarify, I am all for multiple day events but events lasting more than 1 day should have an announcement for each day or segment of the event. There should be activity and event organizers present for length of the advertised event.

1 Like

Should Events announcements be limited to 1 day or less at a time to be considered “Happening now”??

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• No, it is fine the way it is. 0% 0 VP (1 votes)
  • Yes, add limits to length of events. 100% 517,227 VP (22 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)

Should Events announcements be limited to 1 day or less at a time to be considered “Happening now”??

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)

Voted yes

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)

Enacted