[DAO: QmWd4gp] The Statue of Love (The statue of Mikasa Ackerman)

by 0x4cb45d74b891db3ae1ceadda55491a58aea6371c

Should the following Tier 2: up to $3,000 USD in MANA, one-time payment grant in the Content Creator category be approved?

Abstract

“Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.”

• CONFUCIUS.

Love is one of the most powerful forces in the world. And I would be honored to create its statue in Decentraland. If the Community likes the design of the statue, it could have been placed in the main spawning spot to kind of “welcome” all the guests of Decentraland. Hopefully, it would be eliciting positive emotions and spreading the good vibes and atmosphere of Love and Care all over Decentraland!

Over time, this statue could probably become one of the notable meeting spots or even one of the symbols of Decentraland, like the Eiffel Tower of Paris. Who knows, maybe people would even start taking v-selfies (virtual selfies) beside this statue :slight_smile:

Grant size

3,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0x4cB45d74b891db3ae1CEADda55491A58aeA6371c

Description

Benefits to Decentraland:

1. Building the Statue of Love can make the spot (where it will be located) more unique and notable. It can turn into an interesting meeting spot that attracts more people to Decentraland.
  2. It can create a buzz in the media :slight_smile: like “Decentraland has got its own statue of love! What’s next??” or something like that.
  3. This statue has a good story behind it. This will be a statue of Mikasa Ackerman (from the Attack on Titan anime TV series). Please read the story down below.
  4. Due to the fact that the statue is related to the Attack on Titan anime series, and I believe, has an impactful and emotional story behind it, it can attract the audience of the Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) TV series, which currently is THE most popular anime in the world with millions of people in its fandom. Also, the timing is just right, because for the time being the long-anticipated season 4 of AoT is finally on air.

THE SHORT STORY BEHIND THE STATUE
(spoiler alert)

Mikasa Ackerman is sitting next to Eren’s grave while wearing the precious red scarf that Eren once gave her. This is the final scene of Attack on Titan manga, Chapter 139, where Eren after his death came in the incarnation of a bird and wrapped the scarf around Mikasa as he promised.

“I will wrap that scarf around you as many times as you want, now and forever”.

• Eren to Mikasa.

HOW I CAME UP WITH THE IDEA

This statue was my first personal project that I never finished till the end. I had an idea of making a 3d printable miniature for sale out of it and I even placed some work-in-progress images of it on my IG back in late May of 2021.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPIuFxDD3aF/
But since June 2021 I was very busy with my freelancing projects so I never had a chance to actually finish the statue and offer it for sale. So in this regard, it’s a unique piece of work and was never sold to anyone.

Thus, here I am with my model of Statue of Love and I’d like it to be my dent in the universe of Decentraland.

Specification

This work is 90% finished, but I want to take 3 weeks to polish it and give it a more finished look.

You can check the work-in-progress images with the current look of the statue in my Google Drive that I created especially for you guys
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X-xNmYEPM5-RmUSQMF37pOjz6AYnaXpl?usp=sharing

If you’re interested to check some of my works, please visit my Artstation
https://www.artstation.com/deniz_kudayar

Personnel

I will be working on this project alone. To judge about my skills and experience please visit my Artstation
https://www.artstation.com/deniz_kudayar

Roadmap and milestones

The model of the statue is 90% finished in regards to the modeling.

I just need some polishing to do, to give it a more pleasing and finished look.
This project will take me 3 weeks maximum. Although I’ll probably finish it earlier.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

The Statue of Love (The statue of Mikasa Ackerman)

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 18,100 VP (1 votes)
  • No 2% 23,371 VP (7 votes)