[DAO: QmTzmZ7] Change the Price of buying a name to 100usd in worth of mana

by 0x52f8d5518a05366989b3baad9c8e1129ca317fc7 (Tengu)

Since the hot item seems to be prices pegged to a USD equivalent. Id like to propose a poll to see how many people would like to see names be minted at a equivalency of 100 usd in mana. Why 100 usd you ask? My answer is a name gives 100 vp so I pegged it to 1 for one with its vote power in return. The prices seem to go up and down and i can remember paying 300+ usd for names. I think pegging a stable amount would help maybe bring in more people willing to buy their names. Also give people a target for acquisitioning. This could also be changed later to a different cost but I think due to the 100 vp this is a fair market value. Would love to hear community thoughts and opinion’s. Also remember names are tradable nft’s and usable as sub domains.

• Change to 100 usd equivalent in mana
  • Keep price’s same
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Names have VP attached. Would changing the price in Mana constantly also change the VP allocated?

3 Likes

Names are 1of1s L1 NFTs in DCL. They can be used as avatar names, links to any plot, or even be used as branding for wearables a creator submits for the marketplace The only ones you can mint (being L1). my VP is not working on this proposal but i would vote to keep the same price on minting for Names.

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping by @Sannin posted this more as a feeler of community opinion no worries mate.

Hence the link to 100 usd or 100 mana. In bear market 100 mana might be better in a bull market 100 usd might be better. Mana at its peak hit around 5.47 if im reading coin market cap correctly.

I am voting yes because @TheCryptoTengu is right. Even tho some aka myself lol paid a bunch for our names lowering the bar of entry would grow the community and I never seen an action done by Tengu that was not driven by benefiting the community in some way. Maybe if this passes we could also make it where people wont be able to submit proposals without a name. that way it would de clutter a ton of those random “remove name” proposals as well trolls create to flood our DAO feed. Also by the way everytime I try to vote it does not work. I will keep trying until it does.

1 Like

ezgif-4-8243b18e0f

1 Like

ok everyone it seems my vote went through when I tried it via snapshot instead. hope that helps anyone else trying to vote and runs into same issue. thanks again.

2 Likes

I understand this and agree with it. Just not a fan of pegging to usd value fearing for the same outcome of submissions but the VP question remains.

1 Like

Ive had some issues changing votes and voting as well. Seems eventually they end up working. I appreciate all input as this is a poll to get community response and opinion. I get both schools of philosophy on this as 1 mana is 1 mana. Yet i can also understanding wanting a Fiat based peg. All input is welcomed and hopefully something we can analyze and debate as a community.

id hope the vp would stay the same just the price correlation would change. Investing in a name to me means you care about Decentraland,Your Name and your brand. It signifies you with a identity and proves your invested. To me that should still rate the 100 vp.

Change the Price of buying a name to 100usd in worth of mana

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Change to 100 usd equivalent in mana 8% 162,559 VP (13 votes)
  • Keep price’s same 92% 1,771,967 VP (29 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)
1 Like

Change the Price of buying a name to 100usd in worth of mana

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc)

1 Like