[DAO:486efdc] Reduce the price of claiming a Name to 50 mana

by 0xac097c7e31a2add6244a0f36dba5776d04f5a3fc (LTC)

100 mana is expensive.
EXPENSIVE FOR MOST OF PEOPLE IN THE EARTH.
There are 8 billion people in the world. At least half of them couldn’t pay 100mana for a name.

• Redece to 50 mana
  • Don’t Redece to 50 mana
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Why are you wanting to reduce the name purchase to 50 mana? I am asking because I purchased 30+ names at 100 mana and I think that is a really fair price. The suggestion that halving that is devaluing what I consider a tiny investment. My vote is NO.

1 Like

Because we might want more people involved and having a registered name can make them feel being part of the platform.

You still have the advantage of being early and having bought some names other people won’t be able to get.

Will names be reduced to 50 VP or still have 100?

originally voted yes but changing to no. The issue of VP must be addressed in a prop like this

Remember times when NAME price was even higher than now (i bought name back then)
I vote NO with my 0 VP power!

1 Like

explain, what am I loosing in regards of this proposal? Or do you mean about something totally offtopic?

Voted no, there have been several proposals focused on lowering name minting fees. 100 MANA is most definitely a fair price for a NAME on which you can deploy a world to.

Why are these votes allowed? I can see this being a reason not to invest in Decentraland. I have had some major NFT purchases already go south due to how this DAO votes and continues to vote … even the questions in the vote, if not passed seem to show up again and again until passed. So in addition to the markets being at a low … we have on going votes it seems to devalue assets in Decentraland (in the name of making it accessible).

Mana is at a low … making it very affordable compared to past name prices. A ton of value was just added to names with Worlds, with the sales pitch that it was going to attract more builders … and more builders will attract more people. It’d seem weird we would have to discount something that just had more value added to it.

1 Name = 100 Voting Power = 100 mana + ETH gas (to mint)
^^^ I feel this would need to be addressed, as it would offset an equation many have been using for investments in Names and Voting Power.

2 Likes

Reduce the price of claiming a Name to 50 mana

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Redece to 50 mana 19% 2,069,562 VP (44 votes)
  • Don’t redece to 50 mana 80% 8,352,042 VP (55 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 789 VP (2 votes)

That’s not where i live :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Reduce the price of claiming a Name to 50 mana

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfb1afa4dc069ffb47b19dbee196045d508fcd5a2)