[DAO: Qme5zXJ] Change the price of claiming a unique name

by 0xe83fcc89fb8fdd63eb542be01420d24257f28bcc (luc#8bcc)

With the rise in price for MANA, many users feel that an asking price of $500 MANA (at current market price) to be too high to continue with claiming a unique name on DCL. Perhaps lowering it a bit would encourage more users to claim their name, as well as remain active longer on DCL. I believe that this would encourage more user activity, and overall improve the experience an average user can have on DCL by giving them a greater sense of identity. Below is a poll that features different prices in MANA and you can vote which one seems the most reasonable/appropriate for claiming your unique name in the marketplace.

• 25 MANA
  • 50 MANA
  • 100 MANA
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I would have some concerns about changing the price to 25 MANA without come clarification:

1. What happens with voting power? Currently we paid 100 MANA per name and have 100 VP per name. Does this mean names will only have 25 VP? Or just for the names that are purchased after the price drop? If voting power gets reduced, then I think I should still have 100 VP for all the names I bought for 100 MANA.

2. Many of use have purchased names for 100 MANA so could there be an option for us to be reimbursed 75 MANA for all names that we currently hold?

Yeah, let’s change the price of LAND to 10 MANA and steal value from the people that bought previously. This is what this proposal is suggesting. If you change the price of an asset then you destroy faith in the entire Decentraland ecosystem. If this proposal passes then there will be a WAR between MANA, LAND, NAMES, and WEARABLES because they will each attack each other. I promise. This is a VERY DANGEROUS proposal. It will signal the end of Decentraland.

Change the price of claiming a unique name

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• 25 mana 50% 1,287,091 VP (43 votes)
  • 50 mana 1% 5,488 VP (6 votes)
  • 100 mana 48% 1,209,512 VP (81 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 2 VP (1 votes)

Change the price of claiming a unique name

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc)