[DAO: QmRgt24] Adding new Avatar without any Gender (like a robot)?

by 0x48bf25c852d8732eb1ddb41d318d62153e53e455 (46gt7#e455)

Hallo to everyone, I think it could be necessary having a kind of Avatar without any gender (at the moment Male and Female only). I’m thinking something such as Robot

• Yes (Robot)
  • Yes (another kind of Avatar
  • No (Only male and Famale are okay)
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Having more “gender” options doesn’t matter much in DCL, because when you enter the game and they tell you to choose between two avatars, they don’t tell you that the first avatar is “male” and the other avatar is “female”, they only give you the choice between two human-like beings, one with more male characteristics and the other with more female characteristics, but in the game itself, nothing tells you that it is male or female.

On the other hand, when you enter the Marketplace, when they indicate that a wearable is for “man” or “woman” they are only terms used to refer to the 1st avatar or 2nd avatar that do not determine whether they are male or female, as if instead of referring to the 1st or 2nd avatar with those terms, they refer to them as avatar on the left or avatar on the right, that is, they are terms that do not indicate their gender, so you can decide in the game what you will be, whether man or woman, or non-binary …, you can even decide that today I am a man and tomorrow I will be a woman, without having to modify your avatar, so nothing prevents you from deciding or saying what you are, or what you think about your avatar, you are what you want.

Adding new Avatar without any Gender (like a robot)?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes (robot) 94% 144,094 VP (10 votes)
  • Yes (another kind of avatar 1% 285 VP (4 votes)
  • No (only male and famale are okay) 1% 189 VP (4 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 4% 6,728 VP (4 votes)

Adding new Avatar without any Gender (like a robot)?

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc)

Not enough votes, please resubmit it and reach at least 500k VP of support.