[DAO: QmP4cMU] Should the treasury give away free mana to holders who vote on the DAO?

by 0xd1c6250067f5d1e38c409b0ce6dd581a145e528b (ArtNifties)

For example, 100 mana is put aside by the treasury for each proposal put forth by the community and will be split according to the number of voters that have cast a vote for a proposal.

10 voters = 10 mana per voter
100 voters = 1 mana per voter

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

I reckon this would give an economic incentive to token holders to actively participate in the DAO which contributes positively to the decentralized decision making in decentraland. Let’s build a brighter and more inclusive future together :slight_smile:

This is an interesting idea to explore.

We should be careful to align the incentives in a way that keeps the votation legit. In the worst-case scenario, we end with lots of bots participating just to farm our incentives, but not making an informed vote.

An alternative is to compensate with VP instead of MANA. So there is no economic incentive and people who participated more can grow a stronger position inside the DAO.

1 Like

Thanks for your comments @yemel. I’ve done some research and found this thread re ENS DAO participation

I like this potential solution found it one of the comments "allow users to “stake” their ENS tokens in a contract that requires they be delegated, and gives staking participants additional ENS tokens from the DAO allocation. If there are no marginal benefits to voters or stakers for selecting a particular delegate, users can have a free choice without impacting their return - and giving ENS tokens to people staking acts to gradually increase the voting weight of those most involved, at the expense of people who don’t participate in governance.

Independently, and regardless of this, we will need to compensate active DAO participants somehow - not just delegates but anyone making meaningful contributions to the DAO - and that needs to be proportional to impact, not voting power."

Happy to further discuss and hear your thoughts on this :slight_smile:

The active participation of all its members is important for the development of a DAO. One of the ways to achieve this is through incentives, that’s why I agree with this proposal.

Should the treasury give away free mana to holders who vote on the DAO?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 69% 456,316 VP (31 votes)
  • No 30% 200,434 VP (22 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 567 VP (1 votes)

It’s a good idea to speed up the community and motivate to improve the world, but 1 MANA is too much for a vote. I think it is possible to implement something similar, but with different rewards, for example: participation in the drawing, but not a guaranteed reward.

Hi,

If the community is considering to implement this then we would like to offer a solution for the same.

Regards

Should the treasury give away free mana to holders who vote on the DAO?

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc)