[DAO: QmNSdxF] NFT Mint Amount Options

by 0x9381caa558f19a821a2360c59fdf3db60c09ff52 (JTV)

Decentraland is the only NFT marketplace that only allows for 7 mint amount options. Every other platform allows for the mint number to be inserted at X amount.

Decentraland current mint amount options.

A new contract that allows for publishers to choose any number of mint options. This is more of a personal reason as a creator. Those mint options do not make sense most of the time with publishments.

I rarely can make sense of an NFT in Decentraland with a 100 mints, 1000 mints, or 5,000 mints. The numbers are way too broad.

The current alternative options are

1. To create and burn them. Which makes the color system irrelevant anyway. (Many creators have already done this.)

2. Create your own contract and go through the Linked wearables registry. (Honestly just a laughable attempt option.)

• Allow specific mint amounts
  • We don’t need specific mint amounts.
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I’m curious to know why the original rarity options were created. Storing an Epic or a Common takes up the same amount of server space. The commonality or rarity would affect the number of times it is loaded I guess. Is it a curation issue? Can anyone point me to a discussion or proposal that arrived at the 7 rarity options?

1 Like

While the numbers seem large currently, it’s simply due to low player volume. Whinf DCL has 10k+ players at a time these amounts seem quite logical.
It’s more a long game advantage than anything.

1 Like

NFT Mint Amount Options

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Allow specific mint amounts 98% 654,452 VP (34 votes)
  • We don’t need specific mint amounts. 1% 1 VP (1 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 12,106 VP (1 votes)

NFT Mint Amount Options

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc)

1 Like

So, what happens now? Since it has passed it’s possible for it to be “Drafted” according to the message to the right. Will you be drafting something from this @JTV ?

That is a good question. I am not sure. Decentraland seems to pass pre proposals as though they were real proposals. If that is the case, looking at other pre proposals it will be about a 6 months to a year away.