by 0x8ac69421a24690d62d7eda58e0daaa21a249d98f (WeMeta#d98f)
Should the following Tier 6: up to $240,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Platform Contributor category be approved?
WeMeta is building an analytics dashboard to help anyone understand what is happening in their scenes. The Builder Tag, a smart item in the Decentraland item shop, is a data aggregation tool to help developers understand what drives engagement in their scenes. Who are your players? What are they into? How long are they staying? These are questions WeMeta aims to help answer, through anonymized aggregation of in-game analytics.
The WeMeta Builder Tag, a smart item in the Decentraland item shop, is a data aggregation tool to help developers understand what drives engagement in their scenes.
Builders who implement the item into their scenes will have instant access to our dashboard, which presents insights such as foot traffic, active player time, on-scene transactions, and other engagement metrics.
First introduced with the announcement of WeMeta 1.0 - we’ve created preliminary prototypes of this builder tag during MetaFest 2022, and are currently providing analytics for the ETHDenver 2022.
With more conferences, concerts, and communities all making their home in Decentraland - builders will be creating like never before. We want to arm these builders with the best possible tools to successfully construct the most fun and compelling scenes possible. We expect 2022 to the the summer of the Metaverse, and with the right tools, Decentraland will be the epicenter.
This project will use the SDK 5.0, Catalyst server API, and other open-source tools created by the Decentraland foundation.
Data is fed into our dashboard, which can be kept private, shared with select parties, or displayed publicly.
As a team we bring a wealth of experience across data, product, education, and software - with industry experience across major tech firms, our own startups, and commercial real estate. We will complete this project internally with the members listed below, in partnership with our larger network of builders & metaverse architects.
Ali (COO & Product) - 7+ years in PM & Design, previous startup founder in eSports & tabletop gaming, former Senior Product Manager at Microsoft Azure & Data
Apinan (Developer) - 4+ years in Dev, full-stack, web3 enthusiast, data pipelines, hackathon fanatic
Brennan (Sr. Developer) - 4+ years in Blockchain & web3, former front-end & web3 @Superworld, former web3 @DerivaDex, founder UW Blockchain program, Consensys hackathon winner
Kevin (Pr. Data Scientist) - 10+ years in Data Science, advanced segmentation, self-learning, & distributed systems work for Microsoft & Booz Allen
Nick (CTO) - 6+ years in Game Dev (A Thinking Ape, Sun Machine Games), startup founder, full stack, automation
Yan (Blockchain) - 4 years in web3, banking, (on-chain) mortgages, non-profit foundations, creation of educational & research material
Winston (CEO) - 5+ years in Data Science & Real Estate (former Realtor), Data Science Instructor @Coding Dojo, BlazingSQL/Rapids
Roadmap and milestones
- [December 2021] MetaFest 2022 (concept prototype)
- Created a code-version of the builder tag and a prototype dashboard for Virtual Times Square
- [February 2022] ETHDenver 2022 (smart item prototype)
- Prototyping the smart-object builder tag and creating/upgrading the dashboard visualizations to help builders make decisions on data
- [March 2022] Fashion Week 2022 (Alpha/Scalability Prototype)
- Live smart-object builder tag on multiple concurrent scenes, testing of data processing at scale, piloting of session-based logins and dashboard sharing. Iteration on feedback from Denver implementation
- [April 2022] Open Beta
- Beta ready for early testers & metaverse builders. Interactive dashboard with ability to create/monitor new scenes, user access control for parent dashboards, preliminary report downloading
- [May 2022] - public release
- Iteration on Beta and Alpha feedback, broad release of self-serve builder object & analytics dashboard
Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO