by 0x06a424b0826fb195b9ed24aea37eaac65655624f (Julian#624f)
Should the following Tier 4: up to $60,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Platform Contributor category be approved?
After everyone’s feedback we decided to narrow the scope. This will allow us to demonstrate that we deliver and that our product adds value to DCL users.
Our mission is to improve the event’s ecosystem in DCL. Our solution consists of three sections: DApp, SDK and Builder:
- An event management & NFT ticketing DApp, which we call Fanszoid
- Custom code for the DCL SDK that integrates with our platform
- Simple and user-friendly smart items for the DCL Builder
We’ve been developing for the last 8 months. Last week we launched our first version of the product. We hope to see you in our launch event (Sat 8PM UTC)
With this grant we will be able to support our actual team for 6 months and also help us get to a point of sustainability.
Our objective is to address one of the biggest opportunities regarding metaverse events: monetization. Nowadays only a small percentage of tech savvy organizers have figured out how to mint their own NFT collection and sell them as tickets for an event.
Managing tickets as NFTs provides many advantages:
- Fraud free ticket resale & ticket trading
- Tickets sync with blockchain address
- Royalties to organizers on each resale
- The possibility of trading an event ticket post event because of the attached value
- Tickets will be seen as collectibles
- Native Integrations with Decentraland
Offering a ticketing solution will appeal to promoters and artist managers where they can easily derive revenue from sales where currently this is the unknown within virtual world experiences [being mostly free].
Bear in mind that we have a lot of people that want to do things on the metaverse, but they just don’t know how. Now, there’s a tool to help them do it. Therefore bringing new people to the ecosystem.
Our primary objective is to bring a lot of value to Decentraland and the Decentraland community, such as:
- Make available a NFT ticket marketplace
- Generate a new revenue stream for all event organizers
- Bring more use cases to LAND parcels and therefore increase their value
- Facilitate collaboration between brands and metaverse creators for sponsoring events
- Increase amount of events hosted
In order for this to be possible we’ve built a team to develop a decentralized application where users will be able to create and promote events, browse, buy and resell tickets, and manage sales and statistics in a dashboard.
Our backend stack consists of:
- Smart contracts: Events (ERC721) , Tickets (ERC1155) and Marketplace.
- Subgraph to index the blockchain data.
- A NodeJS API that aggregates data from the subgraph and allows event organizers to monitor event sales, check ownership of tickets, etc.
Using our platform, event organizers will be able to:
- Divide their LAND into sections: General, VIP, Ultra VIP, and so on.
- Use a Builder Smart Item to easily limit access to a LAND ( or LAND section ) to ticket owners.
- Dress users in each section with different wearables which will only be available during the event
- Attach a wearable to a ticket that the user will be able to use in all Decentraland, creating value for the ticket after the event.
- Add POAP’s to every event in one click with our seamless integration
The grant will be provided as a vesting contract of stablecoins assigned to a 2-out-of-2 signatures Multisig. Participants are Julian Neuss and Juan Oliva.
The Grant is conditioned to the satisfaction and fulfillment of each and all of the following:
- Fanszoid’s team shall use the funds from the Grant solely for the purpose of developing and maintaining the Fanszoid platform, as described in below, in accordance with the roadmap detailed below (“Roadmap and Milestones”).
- Fanszoid’s team shall set up a Multisig Wallet, for purposes of receiving the Grant, with the signatories indicated above. Disbursements of the Grant shall be conditioned upon achieving the roadmap milestones and presented in the monthly reports within the timeframe set forth below.
- Fanszoid’s team will provide the DAO with the following information:
- Within five (5) days of the beginning of each month, a Monthly Progress Report regarding the development of the Fanszoid platform and the achievement of Milestones will be presented to the DAO.
- Within ten (10) days of the beginning of each month, Monthly Financial Report showing use of the proceeds of the Grant.
- Upon failure to comply with any of the conditions of above by Fanszoid’s team, the vesting contract will be revoked by the DAO, returning unvested funds.
Feel free to check out everything:
The team to develop the application is the following:
- Julian Neuss - CEO & Software Engineer
- Juan Oliva - CTO & Blockchain Developer
- Martin Grabina - Blockchain Developer
- Caleb Faillace Villanueva - SR Frontend Developer
- Nicole Hinojo Toré - JR Frontend Developer
- Franco Leone - Crypto Virtual Assistant & Community Manager
Total Hours: ~960 monthly hours or ~240 weekly hours.
Budget: 10,000 USD per month, including payroll and operational expenses.
The roadmap will be divided into 3 stages:
Stage 1. First we will help DCL organizers to create events using our platform while also developing more features and building partnerships with event organizers and districts.
Stage 2. Once the user base starts to flourish events will be frequently created. Now our focus will shift from doing manual things to getting sure the platform can scale. For this we will create a strong documentation and tutorial videos. Meanwhile we will still develop new features.
Stage 3. By this stage we expect to have a decent amount of monthly events hosted throughout our platform, be it from individual organizers to several districts. The team will keep delivering features and set metrics to track growth. All the statistics gathered will be shared with Decentraland.
Possible upcoming tasks:
- Develop Secondary Marketplace for safe ticket resale
- Add POAP integration
- Develop Smart Item for the Decentraland Builder
- Accept more wallets on the DApp
- Accept Fiat/VISA payments on the DApp
- Prepare code and SDK documentation & tutorials
- Build Ranking, Favorites, Support, Statistics and Status pages
Fanszoid will use agile development practices to ensure a fast implementation of all requirements and the continuous improvement of such features.
Also, the team will be available every month to host an open meeting with members of the DCL community to talk about upcoming steps.