[DAO:lhcgo6q] Cooling Period for New Collections

This hasn’t moved forward but created some really valuable discussion around buyer security and some solutions to be implemented. Moving forward based of feedback, the next action would be a pre-proposal for marketplace rating system that could scale up to be aligned with the creator registry.

Thank you everyone for your feedback!

1 Like

Hi folks, sorry that I’ve missed this.

For the sake of smart contracts and funds management, this solution seems to be very manipulable. There are a lot of ways for the creator to force the collection to be disabled and therefore allow the refund for the users. Also, it will be impossible to stop secondary sales in other marketplaces as the buyers won’t have a direct way of checking in that marketplace if the wearable is valid or not. Moreover, the creator can mint the nfts without a limit.

One alternative could be to have a new step in the curation committee, maybe a 15/30 days waiting period where you as a creator will need to wait until your collection gets approved.

I’m happy to continue exploring this and other solutions with you. Keep me in the loop.

1 Like

I think most of IP infringements get detected after it gets approved because the IP holders only found about the collection when it gets on the marketplace.

2 Likes

Cooling Period for First Time Creators

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)