[DAO:ffc51b5] Decentraland Documentation Guidelines

by 0x4021ab4ff929206503199e6ce3b20e10eeb9c4f3

Should the following $20,000 grant in the Documentation category be approved?

Abstract

To establish consistent and comprehensive documentation standards for the Decentrland Community. Our goal is to provide developers, users, and other stakeholders with high-quality technical documentation that is accurate, accessible, and easy to understand. Our end goal is to ensure that the technical documentation for the Decentraland community is of the highest quality, making it easier for developers to build on these platforms and for users to understand and utilize them effectively.

Grant size

20,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0x4021ab4fF929206503199e6Ce3b20e10eeB9C4f3

Email address

Bobbi@LedgerAcademy.com

Description

The project to supply documentation standards for community users to create learning materials should receive funding for several reasons.

Firstly, Decentraland is a rapidly growing virtual world platform that is attracting more users every day. As the platform expands, there is an increasing need for educational materials to help users understand how to use Decentraland effectively. This project will help to meet that need by providing clear and concise documentation standards for community users to create high-quality learning materials.

Secondly, by providing these standards, the project will help to ensure that the learning materials created by community members are consistent, easy to understand, and effective in conveying important information about Decentraland. This will not only benefit new users who are just getting started with the platform, but also experienced users who are looking to expand their knowledge and skills.

Finally, the project will help to foster a strong and supportive community within Decentraland by encouraging users to share their knowledge and expertise with others. This will help to build a sense of community and collaboration, which is essential for the long-term success of the platform.

In summary, the project to supply documentation standards for community users to create learning materials will help to address an important need within the Decentraland platform, improve the quality of educational materials available to users, and foster a stronger and more supportive community. For these reasons, it is a worthy candidate for funding.

Budget Specification

Task Force Expenses:

Writers, Editors: time and expenses
Wiki page or Git hub repo set up
Marketing / Social media publish standards

Personnel

Bobbi Muscara: Currently a member of the Hyperledger Technical Steering Committee and the Chairperson of the Hyperledger Learning Materials Development Working Group where she is responsible for moderating the bi-weekly meetings, and setting agendas while maintaining the Confluence Wiki Page and developing the documentation standards for Hyperledger Projects and Special Interest Groups. Recently edited the Linux Foundation EdX course, “Introduction to Business Blockchain” LFs171s Go Live 7/16/2019. Chair of the Hyperledger Documentation Standards Task FORCE.
Bobbi opened Ledger Academy, a blockchain training Center at Tiger Labs in Princeton, NJ whose mission is to consult and train enterprises on Blockchain Technologies. She is the organizer for the Hyperledger Princeton Meetup, Princeton Blockchain Meetup, and Ledger Academy’s Blockchain Fundamentals Meetup which has over 1500 members and regular sessions at the Ledger Academy offices at Tiger Labs Princeton.

Roadmap and milestones

Week 1 - 6 Develop Standards and Templates for Community documentation
Week 7 Present to Decentraland DOA - update where necessary
Week 8 Social Media and Community presentations.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Hi, thanks for proposal.

Have several questions:

1. What already you did for Decentraland ?
  2. Did you hold any events ?
  3. Created wearables, content ?
  4. How much times you voted in DAO ?
  5. Registered on Forum ?
  6. Minted DCL name ?

All the docs are open source. If you have any issues with any of the pages, make a pull request. I encourage everyone on my team to do this.

1 Like

I’m not sure how you are qualified to make create these documents. Are you in DCL? Do you create and build for DCL? How will go about gathering this information? There is already a Decentraland repository and tons of information out there with tutuorials on all kinds of things DCL related.

There is someone working on technical documentation as part of the Protocol Squad already

I noticed you haven’t minted your name yet (your identifier is your eth address). Personally I would want someone who is writing documentation of Decentraland to have invested the $50-$60 for a name.

1 Like

voting no. The DCL docs are already a great source of info

Hello,

Thanks, I will check out the protocol Squad I am a Decentraland property owner that is looking to develop templates and style guides for Decentraland Documentation to make Learning Materials consistent. I will be holding Ledger Academy Training events for community member.

Bobbi

1 Like

Hola, según su experiencia como podria hacer más sencillo el proceso para ser propietario de Decentraland y desarrollar proyectos en el

Decentraland Documentation Guidelines

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 148 VP (15 votes)
  • No 99% 7,331,554 VP (103 votes)