[DAO:fa97bc8] Should we temporarily pause DCL's grants programme until Q1 2023?

I agree with @AwedJob and @Zino here. I don’t think we need to pause, as we are doing the work in the DAO discord with conversations. Maybe we need more actioning and testing to happen like what @ile is attempting with their VP distribution idea.

I also have to say, and sorry @Seanny, I hope you don’t take offense personally here, as you’ve for the most part been nice and friendly to me — but I still have major issues with the same person that once was actually draining the DAO of funds as a whale, being the same one who is now looking to push forward the reform of the system.

Plus I don’t see the value or benefit in pausing grants for a month and half or so to talk it out. I think at this point we should be taking the ideas and convos we’ve been having in working groups and start testing some solutions. Or creating actionable items, that possibly come from outside of the grants system, relating to VP, or other areas too.

My personal opinion: We really need more project managers in this space, there’s a lot of ppl with ideas, or who like to talk, but not enough people willing to do the work. And the grants squad, is only so many people to handle all the work.

7 Likes