[DAO:e9985c5] Add the location -32,-30 to the Points of Interest

by 0xb0145ae156d201d6e371d07265fe3c045071c967 (maraoz)

/////////

Should the scene located at -32,-30 be added to the Point of Interest list?

Description

pika pika!
the famous pikachu that can be seen from space!

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I see pikachu = I vote yes :stuck_out_tongue:

I see pikachu, i like! Ok but to be fair to all applicants, only areas that conduct regular events are approved for POIs

Hello Pikachu!
I must say, I’m torn on this POI. Here’s my criteria when I personally look at a venue for a POI:

1. Worked to host events before applying for a POI star
2. Gotten to know community members and become active within the DCL community
3. Brought value to the greater Decentraland community in a way that is not self-serving
4. Minted the name they are proposing the POI with
5. Have not voted on their own proposal: Let the community make this decision

Pikachu isn’t a venue that hosts events, but I see it having different value. I could see Pokemon fans enjoying this place, just hanging out, and it’s fun that you can see it from above with the Genesis.city map. That is originally how I found it. Maraoz has done a lot for the community by being active in the DAO and building DCL. I guess I’m just having a personal battle with myself in my own criteria for voting, maybe sometimes places that show off an amazing build should be POI’s, even if they don’t hold events. I’m not sure how to vote here so I will abstain as I reflect on my own determination of what qualities a POI should have. <3

i’m definitely bias here because I can see Pika from my front door of the ABC Decentraland Clubhouse(-31,-27). Ever since I got my land there, Pika has been a staple for me tbh. We often see new friends wandering to explore it when start our tours at the clubhouse, it is iconic.

BUT I think two things… 1. Pls put colliders on it, we want to climb the Pika so bad! And jump off the stairs to it. and 2. Would def love to see some events hosted there! Maybe some leaping lizards @AwedJob @Djtraxnft???

Anyways, long story short, its a yes for me dawg.

I agree that Pika is super cool, and would love to see colliders added so we can jump on and maybe even host events… but POIs are reserved for land plots that add value to DCL, the community, host events regularly and support the ecosystem as a whole. Other land owners have put in a lot of work to earn their POI. To be fair, since I have held other POI proposals to a higher standard, I will do the same here and vote NO.

Add the location -32,-30 to the Points of Interest

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 38% 2,051,520 VP (22 votes)
  • No 51% 2,677,262 VP (69 votes)
  • Abstain 11% 609,013 VP (6 votes)

Just wanted to add to the conversation that I voted no for IP reasons. I don’t like the fact that we see Mario/Nintendo IP plastered everywhere and adding Pokemon to that mix is even riskier. While it’s cute and cool to see it from a Top-Down satellite view, I do think this could be more harmful than anything. I don’t want Pokemon or other large entities opting out of onboarding to Decentraland because we are promoting the misuse of their IP and going to competitors like Sandbox instead. I recognize this isn’t the only parcel doing this.