[DAO:d52be4d] 600 posters to boost Decentraland

by 0x2faab28f398c330430157893a48edc3799d99159 (LandLordDao)

Should the following $9,700 grant in the Social Media Content category be approved?

Abstract

An exclusive collection of 600 NFT posters will be launched on Opensea to anticipate the launch of the mobile version of Decentraland, facilitating its adoption and at the same time promoting the platform. These posters will be distributed for free in different communities and aim to attract a diverse audience and increase the number of users.

Grant size

9,700 USD in MANA

Project duration

2 months

Beneficiary address

0x2faAB28F398C330430157893A48EdC3799D99159

Email address

landlorddao@gmail.com

Description

We propose to create 600 unique posters, which will be minted as NFTs, forming an exclusive collection on OpenSea that will be distributed free to the public. We will use a dynamic QR code to track visits and thus evaluate the impact of this project.
This initiative aims to anticipate the launch of the mobile version for Decentraland and widely promote the platform and its community. Not only will it increase the visibility of DCL, but it will also attract enthusiasts of NFT, crypto art, metaverse, and other crypto and technology sectors.
The 600 posters will be distributed for free in various communities and platforms, mainly on WeChat, which has an active audience very interested in virtual worlds and metaverses, allowing us to capture their attention and increase Decentralandā€™s presence on social networks.
External Image
External Image
External Image
Design:

• Style: The posters will have a futuristic style with a strong social connotation, representing Decentralandā€™s platform faithfully. The illustrations will consist of technological scenarios with structures evoking decentralization, democracy, freedom, and endless possibilities.
  • Content Inclusion: Each poster will contain a QR code integrated into the scene in a strategic area pointing to Decentraland and will include the logo as part of the representation.
    Strategy:
  • Social Media: Multiple posts will be made on major platforms like WeChat, TikTok, Twitter, and Discord.
  • Audience: The target audience will be global, with a strong focus on the Chinese market.
    In this image there are groups with a total of almost 4000, LAND and MANA investors, and this is only a portion of all the users who will see the posters.

External Image

Expected Results:

• Increase traffic in Decentraland and community user numbers. - Raise brand awareness on the aforementioned social networks.
  • Showcase DCLā€™s uniqueness through diverse and visually impactful content, with images generated by AI.
    Conclusion:
    This project aims to facilitate the adoption of the mobile version of Decentraland and expand the platformā€™s presence to a broader audience through creative and eye-catching visual content. Taking advantage of the current trend in AI, we hope that these manually edited, futuristic AI-generated
    posters will not only increase the visibility of DCL but also inspire interest and participation among those who have not yet joined the platform, thus gaining more users and expanding our community.

Roadmap and milestones

Months 1 and 2:
Design creation and post-editing of the 600 posters.

Month 3:
Minting the NFTs on Opensea.

Months 4, 5 and 6:
The NFTs will be promoted on social networks and sent for free through
participation strategies.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I think that at the moment that the crypto ecosystem is currently in, we must do everything we can, I think everything that allows us to improve as a platform or attract new visitors should be promoted.

I also see a very good hook in this promotion by using images generated by AI, it has many possibilities of being an attraction to new users so I fully support it.

I donā€™t really get how this is worth $10kā€¦
You generate 600 images with chatGPTs DALL-E and send them to people?
It doesnā€™t take 3 months to generate 600 imagesā€¦ You have a daily limit of 40 but can bypass this with an API and have it done in 5 minutesā€¦
Takes maybe an hour to upload them to openseaā€¦
Then finding people to send toā€¦ Shouldnā€™t be too difficultā€¦ :laughing:

Hi before I vote, will weed farm robbery or laser tag everywhere be represented? As one of the top 50 scene developers and 600 posters I would expect around 12 of them to show weed farm robbery. Is this about the right number?

Please never leave Decentraland, you really are a golden nugget.
ā€œGive me something, else Iā€™m voting noā€, talk about conflicts of interests :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™m not asking any special favors, just for reasonable distribution given my scene metrics. It seemed a disproportionate number of certain games were shown here and just want to make sure the other top games and scenes will be represented not only certain renters. Plus I found a bug with certain games today good not put all eggs in 1 basket

I think you can get better result with Stable Diffusion, LORA, and ControlNet IPAdapter. That way you will get much better result than DALLE, with LORA trained on Decentraland Avatars. IPAdapter for style.

And this can be done in few days / weeks ~6 hour per day.

Anyways, i like the ideaā€¦ Decentraland lacks of NFT and promotion on OpenSea.

Certainly, while generating with AI may be quick, the refinement of my posters takes time. We intend to collaborate with all projects in DCL that are interested in participating in our promotional campaign, and we will include their branding details in each of the posters. This approach not only adds uniqueness to each poster but also enhances their promotional effectiveness and collectible value.

Thank you for your feedback and for liking the idea. Youā€™re absolutely right. I hope you understand that weā€™ll need to refine each poster and incorporate the branding details of each project, and this will require manual effort, coordination, and time to reach out each of them for details.

Solid NO from me. Is this a joke? DAO asking money from another DAO for a work they cant deliver.

Smells like metatrekkers :slight_smile:

I can only say that Iā€™ve been part of the DAO for just one year, and during this time, the DAO has been quite extraordinary, constantly breaking new ground. Itā€™s heartening to see others echoing the sentiments Iā€™ve expressed, and everything is going well.

maybe we all time disagree each other butā€¦
Team work makes Dream Work!

Time for you Learn some Chinese . .Dao=道

Our Dao has :yin_yang: elements

Iā€™m sorry, @BET @theankou I forgot one important point. Newcomers who are not familiar with DCL, LLD also provide one-on-one guidance services to help them participate in DCL.
@OGContraBand Sorry i donā€™t quite get you question

What I meant every one has the KOA logo, will other top games and properties be represented? I can get you my studio emblem with Japanese maple leaf as one of top 50 properties of DCL
or maybe laser tag graphic

Exactly, this is a part of what we need to do, and anyone from the DCL community can participate. But your Japanese maple leaf canā€™t be promoted on WeChat for other platforms yes

I recently watched a video about AI in China, which demonstrated the widespread use of QR codes there for various tasks. This has helped me better understand the rationale behind your poster idea. However, I think Americans tend to be very cautious; many are hesitant to scan random QR codes due to fears of hacking so I donā€™t know how effective it will be outside of that community.

With that being said, I also believe itā€™s a wise decision to invest in marketing in the second largest and rapidly growing gaming market. Just and FYI, KOA is not renting from Landlord DAO and is not involved in that proposal outside of our logo being used with our permission.

Whaaaaaa? WeedChat cant show that? Wait is it because the rivalry history with Japan? Ok we will settle on only the laser gun then is fine. Let me see if I have alternate on the maple leaf.

1 Like

@LandlordDao I made this special render for you of my iconic ā€œWorld Championsā€ podium to accompany the laser gun. Here featured Decentralandā€™s historic first-ever avatar leaderboard that to this day, many are striving to copy. Instead of only show the names of winners here top 7 players are copied their whole avatar standing there. A lot of citizens competed to stand here to show their accomplishment and exhibit their wearables too.

1 Like

I think it is not bad idea, but I feel there is lack of public portfolio from artists.
With known artists or at least artists with public portfolio I probably would vote YES, but for now I need to abstain.

1 Like

Inviting well-known artists to participate would greatly enhance the projectā€™s success, and I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestion to collaborate with such artists. I think itā€™s an excellent idea. However, the production costs for well-known artists will far exceed our current grant. We hope to accumulate experience through this and look for better collaborations. We definitely appreciate your suggestion. Thank you.