[DAO:d48643d] Stake Decentraland NFT's for VP Rewards

by 0x216f23a92670893fa47dde34e1fa60fb011c79e4 (PFP)

Stake Decentraland, Land, L1 Wearables & Names for VP Rewards.

Duration: Staking period is 30 days minimum. All rewards will be paid after 30 days. If the NFT is withdrawn within that 30 days, staker will not be compensated.

Land Staking Rewards: 5 VP Per Land, Per Month

Name Staking Rewards: 0.5 VP Per Name, Per Month

L1 Wearables Staking Rewards Per Month:

Mythic: 5 VP

Legendary: 0.5 VP

Epic: 0.05 VP

Rare: 0.001 VP

Uncommon: 0.005 VP

This is an initiative to help boost the market & bring awareness to DCL NFT’s. It was an idea I had for a while but didn’t know how or when to do it. Now that we are in the bear market & there is little to no marketplace activity in the aforementioned nft classes, I figured this would be a good time. Staking feature to be implemented in Decentraland’s Marketplace.

If all the NFT’s were to be staked, there will be an additional 500,000 VP coming into the market every month. Staked VP will not be tradable or eligible to be delegated & once the NFT is sold all the previously staked VP that was gained/accumulated from that NFT will be lost. I believe this is a much superior model to mana staking.

Please share your thoughts.

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Curious to see the community sentiment on this one.

Why limit staking to L1 wearables? Why not L2? Most active users in Decentraland have joined after minting on eth ended, I can see how they would want the wearables they purchased to also give them vp. I can’t think of a valid argument against it.

Will the 6 categories of L1 wearables already giving vp be allowed to double dip for more vp?

1 Like

Yes, we should taunt the SEC until they take action against dcl, great idea :person_facepalming:

Double dipping could be said for both Land and names too. So that is not a valid argument. Once the nft is sold or transferred all the VP associated with that NFT will be lost.

This will cover all L1 wearables not just the 6 categories which already receive VP allocation.

As for L2’s, NO they are not included at this stage. I don’t believe they should be unless there was another proposal to include them and community votes indicate they want the L2’s to be included.

My question on another one of these similar in scope only for mana applies here. Would said assets be unavailable during a staking period or would it be passive, I think is the term?

After further consideration, mana staking is not a good model. Maybe I should delete that proposal.

1 Like

You should, there’s no sustainable avenue from which the staked mana can be derived from.

As for the VP rewards, more thought should be gone into it since it involves setting up staking mechanisms and perhaps even a sVP (staked VP) governance token. Perhaps a discussion with the governance squad would be good. @MetaRyuk is also one person i’d recommend to include into the conversation for his knowledge in this.

Stake Decentraland NFT’s for VP Rewards

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 38% 1,692,730 VP (72 votes)
  • No 49% 2,131,683 VP (16 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 13% 580,119 VP (6 votes)

Stake Decentraland NFT’s for VP Rewards

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)