[DAO:bf174fc] Should Tudamoon be unbanned from the Official Decentraland Discord?

by 0xd4f1cab694c4424c4796549edbb9b489789f4df5 (TudaMoon)

I was permanently banned for making “promotions” on the Official Decentraland Discord on the wrong channel. I was originally warned and targeted. Yet, the funny thing is NO ONE will take responsibility for banning me.

I was warned and even followed the rules of the warning (my post was also deleted). I never posted another link, then I was banned while I was helping a new person in the server. YES, you are reading correctly, I was BANNED in the middle of helping a newcomer out.

Then after that, I was talking to a newcomer and helping them, when all of a sudden, I was banned. I do not have those screenshots and I had no clue I would have been banned.

As for the link I posted, I was showing a flaw in the DAO system as a vulnerability which I posted on my Twitter AFTER I already submitted it to the Decentraland Foundation as a Bug Report and it was closed. https://bugs.immunefi.com/dashboard/submission/13695

Then I heard rumors to claim that I was “Exploiting” by posting that Twitter link which is UNTRUE and lacks any evidence to support that claim.

• Unban
  • Ban
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

as an honest question because i legitimately don’t know: even if this were passed, does the dao community have a say in what happens in the dcl discord?

2 Likes

I am going by what their rules state, or from what they told me. @Peanutbutta can you clarify the rules?

1 Like

Yea, Community have a say!!

Due to DCL official terms:

Decentraland is governed by a decentralized autonomous organization (the “DAO”).

https://decentraland.org/terms/

Unban him.
Be clear with Expectations.
Move on.

4 Likes

Should never have been banned in the first place imo. Unban & unMUTE him from the discord channels

3 Likes

Unban @Tudamoon

@Doug-NFTWorld has NO AUTHORITY banning ANYONE in the Decentaland Discord!

I propose that he get stripped of is “Mod Privileges” for :

1. Abuse of power
  2. He’s not a Mod so why should he have these privileges :face_with_monocle:
4 Likes

I would also vote for this.

1 Like

No, the DAO has no say in the non-DAO discord.

Unban him. How one person can have this type of authority boggles my mind!

4 Likes

These are the rules we agree to when entering the DCL discord. So the Mods DO have absolute power and we have been ok with that until now. There is nothing we can do about that. I agree that the ban may have been unfair in this case… but according to the rules, I’m afraid this is not a viable option to unban Tuda. The foundation is not bound to abide by the results of this poll. I am glad that we have a DAO discord and that we are working together to establish clear expectations and paths to deal with these situations. We should be patient and wait for the new process to ban/unban are established.

RULES
#1 Be Respectful Treat everyone the way you want to be treated yourself. We have zero tolerance for any toxicity, profanity, personal attacks, libel, racial and/or gender-phobic remarks on our server.
#2 Secure for any age As we aim to be an environment for any age, please keep in mind that there are 100s, if not 1000s of eyes watching and reading of any age. Please write your posts with that in mind.
#3 Use appropriate channels Our channel structure is fairly self-explanatory. Please use the right channel that fits the topic you aim to discuss. See headlines or pinned messages for more information.
#4 Questions Don’t double post a question. Use the server search since your question may likely have been asked before.
#5 No FUD Please don’t spread FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) or misinformation.
#6 No advertising, promotion, or spam Keep posts related to Decentraland. Dont’t share unrelated links (invites, advertisements, referrals, etc.), without prior allowance of admins. Posting other links or content will result in deletion and be followed by a kick/ban if not permitted by admins. Don’t post more than once, or use the at-everyone tag.
#7 No scamming We have zero tolerance for fraudulent posts or solicitations. Anyone attempting to scam users will be banned.

Not aligning with these rules or displaying any misbehaviour will be evaluated case by case. Admins reserve the right to kick or ban when valid concerns arise.

Are you kidding me? Are you looking above at what I posted? That channel literally had like 10 other people break the same rules as me. None of which were banned. This was a targeted attack. I was warned and never did it again. They didn’t even warn any of those people. What is your issue with me?

1 Like

I agree with you… see my comment on the other post about you not being the only one breaking the rules… the thing is… even if this proposal passes to have you unbanned, by nature of the structure of the Decentraland Discord, this body has no power to unban you, because that Discord belongs to the foundation, and the DAO community has no say in the decision to unban you. So this is an invalid question… nothing to do with you sir… if it was anyone else my answer would be the same.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but as I understand it we cannot ask the foundation to reverse a ban in the DCL discord… only in the DAO Discord.

Then were your comments necessary? Why even comment? This was pure negativity towards me. Are you part of the Foundation? Is it your place to tell me that?

LMFAO… as a member of the DAO, it is my right to comment my reasoning for my vote, if I want to, and this is actually encouraged on every level for us to express our reasoning, give our opinion, speak on the facts and generally, be a part of the discussion.

OBVIOUSLY I am not part of the foundation, but apparently someone has to tell you that, because if you knew, you wouldn’t have created this invalid question. So hopefully now you understand why this is an invalid question and that my opinion has nothing to do with you.

Please stop making assumptions about my motives. I am very clear about why I say what I say.

:slightly_smiling_face:

You have my discord. This was toxic and unnecessary.

@Tudamoon … come on… :joy: When I have something private to discuss with you, as I have in the past when I found out you were in my area and invited you to meet up IRL, I will be sure to message you. If you’ll allow me, because I am not against you, or attacking you, or rubbing anything in, or any of that.

I am being straight up, and letting everyone know, in the appropriate thread, how I feel about these proposals. I have not voted on the DAO Discord proposal before commenting and discussing how I feel about it. On one hand I agree with you, on the other hand I don’t. The way you have responded today totally answers my questions and I hope the community will see what my concern was in the first place.

I think I’ve made myself clear on the whole answering to proposals in private discord messages thing. I hope you’ll stop expecting and asking me to message you in private about that… please get used to me responding to proposals in public, as I always have, even if the people proposing are people that I really like… and even if they will not like me after I say what I have to say. I got love for them still, but this is not personal… You see my comments as me trying to “teach people how to behave” and I “need to be checked”. Understood.

I hope we will all be able to meet, break bread and enjoy some brews IRL one day. None of this is that serious. The people who have millions invested in this place and stand to lose the most financially aren’t in here bickering every day… I gotta go. :rofl: :zipper_mouth_face:

1. Your claims are baseless. I have asked you to support your claims and the advice you are giving is not related to any sort of toxicity. Without that, this conversation is not constructive. You are just trying to put me down in front of the community as your subordinate. You are claiming I am doing the same thing, but look what you are doing. Giving me a public lecture about my behavior without any evidence to support.
  2. I simply asked privately to not give me a public lecture about my behavior. I would have been happy to discuss privately about my behavior, but this seems like you have to prove something to everyone. If you still choose to do it, that’s within your right. However I am taking this lecture as degrading because a lot of it is based on a false premise. Most conversations I had were two sided and somehow we don’t see those people in my position.
  3. You are free to state your opinion as you choose. However I am free to take it as I choose and I find it toxic and degrading to publicly lecture me about my behavior like I am your subordinate. I don’t appreciate that disrespect.
  4. So you want me to follow the current rules but when it comes to unbanning:

The rule to get unbanned is this. This is the current rules. So I am expected to wait to get unbanned until new rules are chosen? Where are you getting this reasoning?

Should Tudamoon be unbanned from the Official Decentraland Discord?

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Unban 48% 751,995 VP (166 votes)
  • Ban 1% 15 VP (3 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 51% 811,233 VP (41 votes)