[DAO: bafkrei] Should Decentraland have a mature content wearables filter?

Just a personal opinion on this topic, I think an adult filter is currently in development but also a large scale filter could be problematic.
From your example and something I was also looking at, that user has submitted the same AK-47 collection at least 3 times and every time received the same feedback. Then going ahead to ask the curator to reconsider his feedback:

This would become a guideline issue potentially.
Community voted for fantasy style weapons which has influenced how curators can approve, even though some weapons have slipped through I think people need to be respectful to the community when creating.
Not limited to weapons we’ve seen unnecessarily disrespectful representation of women submitted, designs that are violent and also designs that are a bit much. From a quality control perspective it would be an ideal world if creators just wouldn’t argue with feedback given to allow approval but sadly that’s not the case. So adding a filter like this will also allow for a lot of people that don’t want to respect the space, push the limits and boundaries of what’s acceptable and create an arguing point to say they don’t need to follow guidelines because the filter exists.

That’s currently my only thought around this, again I think the developers are looking at adult options for nudity or adult themed but to what extent I’m not sure. If anything people should be discussing as a community what is acceptable, how the platform should look and what should be implemented into the guidelines, not arguing with them.

Hopefully the guideline update will be implemented soon also which will avoid misunderstandings prior to publishing!

1 Like