[DAO: bafkrei] Should Decentraland have a mature content wearables filter?

IMO that’s unnecessary, if you have kids you should keep an eye on what they’re doing. On the DCL TOS it says you need to be at least 13 to use, and:

I’ve read the TOS in its entirety, and I am aware of the stance on children, which I agree with. I even quoted section 8 recently in the general chat of the discord in regards to an ongoing debate regarding pride wearables and children. I agree its a parents responsibility to moderate what their children do online. This isn’t about children specifically. Its about making everyone feel comfortable and welcome.

I don’t think that this kind of censorship is a good thing for a decentralized platform, honestly. That’s basically hurting wearable creators/buyers because of some random kids and neglectful parents IMO

It isn’t to censor anyone, quite the contrary. If you are against censorship maybe you should check out this forum post, specifically Fabee’s response to my question about the censorship of wearables. If passed, this proposal would allow creators to continue making whatever weapons, sexually suggestive wearables ect. they desired without any censorship.

And honestly who here gives a fuck about conservative groups joining DCL?? We just saw the massacre that was the DAO proposal for bringing a christian church (99% rejection)

I remember that proposal well. I will share my feedback on it below. But even as someone who identifies somewhere in-between agnostic/atheist, I still value members of my community who think differently than me, both IRL and in Decentraland. I’d say if someone who owns or rents land wants to hold private services for any religious following, what right do we have to stop them? They deserve the option to not have their worship intruded by a bunch of weed smoking, scantily dressed avatars. :rofl: Asking for 240k for the church of the Latin equivalent of Joel Osteen or another televangelist is quite different IMO.

I wouldn’t personally use the filter to hide anything at all. That isn’t why I made this proposal. Please review the proposal again and X1over’s most recent wearables submission, and I hope you will see that this isn’t about censorship at all. The whole filter would be optional. Meaning anyone could choose to use it or not.