[DAO: bafkrei] ART|DAO Battles!

by 0x7616e594f1832d0dc7aad3923967d76fd98416e2 (BBStudios)

Should the following Tier 2: up to $3,000 USD in MANA, one-time payment grant in the Content Creator category be approved?

Abstract

ART|DAO is a battle concept that pits two artists’ submissions against each other. The winner sells their art to the DAO. DCL players show up to the battles and vote using a custom implementation of POAP booths and scoreboards. I run a podcast called ART|DAI on TokenSmart which happens during the battle which attracts extra players.

Grant size

3,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0xd5879eCb96DF9a3c4584d7e1A49Ee53ba94104D3

Description

We will use the $3000 to purchase the winner’s art up to $250 per battle(1/week) for 3 months. This will be an important time(summer for the U.S.) to continue to attract/grow the player base in DCL.

Specification

We’ll be bringing on celebrity curators for the battles, participants(voters) will also be encouraged to take screenshots and tag DCL on Twitter for extra prizes. At the end of the 3 months the grant wallet will have 12 pieces from artists, which we can either keep or transfer to the DCL DAO.

Personnel

@bake_eth is my co-founder and helps with the overall UX
You can check out https://artordai.xyz to see battles already completed or stop by (38,103) to see the set.

Roadmap and milestones

Given the set’s proximity to marketplaces in DCL, I will attempt to engage them to receive further sponsorship. The community will see players’ screenshots of the battles on a weekly basis and will have access to .csv files from the POAP’s for verification if needed.

The key component here is staying true to #web3 and rewarding artists for their content. All grant money will be spent on purchasing works of art for the DAO. At the end of the 3 months we will apply for another larger grant if the concept proves to be popular. Any left over money at the end of the 3 months will be used on extra battles. Any remaining proceeds(after applicable taxes) collected from the sale of art from the DAO will fund new battles.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I would personally like to welcome you and the team to speak at the Decentraland Community Building Twitter Space @Canessa and I host every Wednesday @ 12pm EST/ 9am PST , would be a good opportunity to introduce yourself to the Decentraland community(voters) as well as receive some feedback on your proposal. if you would like to confirm your attendance with me please send me a DM on Twitter : https://twitter.com/SinfulMeatStick

Link to Event Page: Decentraland Community Building with Sinful & Canessa | Decentraland Events

We host the space on Twitter and broadcast to both Twitch and Decentrland. Looking forward to hearing from you.

2 Likes

what do you plan to do with the art once purchased (beyond keep it or give it to the dao)? what is the end goal of the project?

1 Like

voted YES. Simple proposal with clear use of funds and potential value add to the community. I like these kinds of proposals, best of luck :slight_smile:

I think it’s a great idea, attractive to content creators and a fun event for the community. My best wishes for it to happen :smiley:

Voting Yes, great idea!

ART|DAO Battles!

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 85% 724,695 VP (34 votes)
  • No 15% 136,720 VP (2 votes)