[DAO:b2f7123] Dragon City’s MVFW Asia District development

You can check more information here:
https://snapshot.org/#/dragonmeta.eth/proposal/0x04a4c426e1ac48ab804bc887d9f1d7681716f114a30413b618911def6c755311

Thank you!

Hi Nikki, I appreciate your long response for this grant and doing such a good investigation, but I am sure this is not the whole picture of what you have concluded about Dragon City…

We built Dragon City for years, not months, please do more research about Dragon City and what we have done during these years, for example,DECENTRALAND - FULL virtual performance by DJ LosCat at Venomland - The Dragon Boat Festival - YouTube. This event is one of the most crowded events in the Decentraland. Again, we built Dragon City for years, not months.

When you mentioned that Dragon City didn’t change a lot and you visited it often, it is not true again. We spent more than 2 months rebuilding the FantasticLand. This is new compared to what we have built in the past in this zone. You can revisit it to see what it is: https://fantasticland.app. and check our event here: https://fantastic.land for the most important festival -Chinese New Year for the Chinese. Since 2020, we hosted this event every year. This is one of the biggest events even in the whole Decentraland community. I would be sad if you still said so because our team is working so hard to build the Dragon City. It means you do not understand what we have done in the past 3 years. I hope you can do better research when you make a conclusion on it. Even the foundation knew what we had achieved in building the metaverse. But I can understand if you are new to Decentraland.

About the fund, why is it so late to apply for the grant? One of the reasons is the grant application has been paused for 2 months. And this fund is to build a well-developed MVFW zone in the Dragon City. We would continue to make it one of the most functional zones for our next MVFW. So this is not just a 3-month’ fund. Also, we won’t stop building Dragon City even 3 months later. Remember that we have built Dragon City for over 3 years, long before you joined DCL.

Again, thank you for your feedback, I think this is also good advice to push us forward.

Thank you for such a good heart! :pray: :heart:

1 Like

Voting no because this would use 86% of the quarterly in-world budget. Is it possible to break this up into smaller initiatives spanning the full year?

Will the 60 wearables created be sold or giveaways? I personally don’t think using $9000 of the in-world content budget for curation fees is a good use.

Are there sponsors or external financial backers for the MVFW events and operas? What is the benefit of hosting these events with funds from your own pocket? Will you apply for more funding this year or would this cover the development costs for 2023?

1 Like

I am voting no because the budget is way too large and very ambiguous. 50K for the Metaverse Fashion Opera with no breakdown of how the money will be spent or what the return on investment will be for Decentraland. I don’t believe we should vote on any grants that don’t provide a complete tentative budget attached to the proposal and an expense report at each update detailing how the money released has been spent so far.

I am new here in this platform and exploring different proposal and this is a great one for me.

Dragon City’s MVFW Asia District development

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 10% 287,693 VP (79 votes)
  • No 90% 2,440,089 VP (72 votes)