[DAO:b228d7b] Reducing Grant Caps to $100,000

by 0x447c9058be5c164e0c4aae380381e7a5215052d4 (DHINGIA)

Objective: To propose the reduction of the current $240,000 grant cap to $100,000, enabling more diverse and inclusive funding.

Key Points:

Increased Diversity: Lowering the cap will allow funding for a greater number of projects, promoting innovation and inclusivity.

Efficient Use of Funds: Projects can reapply for additional funding after demonstrating success in initial phases, ensuring effective use of resources.

Broader Impact: A lower cap could lead to funding a wider range of impactful projects, rather than concentrating resources on fewer, larger initiatives.

Conclusion: Reducing the grant cap to $100,000 will diversify and maximize the impact of our funding, supporting more projects and encouraging measurable success.

• YES
  • NO
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Wondering where this 100k limit is coming from :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi Gm Gm, Whats the logic and relavance of posting my proposal’s link its a delivered project. Is receiving a grant somehow wrong? Why not question those who have received substantial funds but have produced nothing? Why not address those who only appear active in the DAO Discord during their grant application, only to disappear after receiving it? Why just only 15 people scream in the DAO discord and its not inviting for everyone, why trolls have more power/influence than creators.

1 Like

I think this is a great proposal, and it’s a good start for a long-term strategy for the grant program. I would advise perhaps having someone review this on a semi-annual basis to assess its effectiveness and whether or not we should potentially move the cap down to 80K. Cheers :beers:

1 Like

I’m not saying you didn’t delivered.
I just found it funny that you are asking to lower the grant limit to 100k when your last grant was barely under 100k, nothing else.

1 Like

According to previous grants, wheere people took more than 200k$ and delivered poop quality result, I agree that 100k$ limitation is great. I can’t believe that there might be projects that may cost more than 100k$.

My opinion, that even for 100k$ alone indie developer can do much more, than people that come to DCL, stole tons of money, or sit on DCL salaries, and now say that their project don’t work because of SDK7, bugs and other weird issues. In such a simple game/metaverse/whatever called Decentraland.

2 Likes

I would lower the limit for starting a project and implement a renewal system.

I link similar comment here: [DAO:52c7fa1] Should all grant requests be required to have an initial 1 month trial? - #2 by pablo

1 Like

IDK I put no because I saw one 170k grant that is to allow unity deployment. If that works well, good documentation it will be worth 170k and 2 good programmers for a year can cost that much easily.

Reducing Grant Caps to $100,000

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 58% 3,414,193 VP (22 votes)
  • No 25% 1,518,503 VP (17 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 17% 1,073,431 VP (7 votes)

Reducing Grant Caps to $100,000

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfb1afa4dc069ffb47b19dbee196045d508fcd5a2)