[DAO:a524003] Add ginoct to DAO Committee

by 0x521b0fef9cdcf250abaf8e7bc798cbe13fa98692 (Kyllian)

Should ginoct be added to DAO Committee?

Address

0x511a22cDd2c4eE8357bB02df2578037Ffe8a4d8d

Reasons for adding

Why are you applying?

The DAO Committee is the trusted human proxy for the DAO treasury, serving as the interface between the DAO and various entities in the space. While acknowledging the capabilities of the current Committee members, I believe I can bring a more open and neutral perspective, along with a different approach to communication with the community and relevant stakeholders. My extensive engagement with every Core Unit of the DAO, several Committees, and multiple teams on the Foundation side provides me with a broader context of the ongoing developments across the board.

Additionally, I believe there is room for improvement in the speed of enacting on-chain transactions and enhancing transparency in communications when actions are implemented. I am keen to contribute to addressing these areas by introducing human processes and exploring opportunities for automation (that could potentially be implemented as part of the GovSquad roadmap in the future).

What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentraland’s DAO?

I have been actively involved in the Decentraland Community since early 2022, leading the Governance Squad. I have represented Decentraland in numerous crypto events and have contributed to various governance design improvements over the past 36 months, focusing on product development and process design. I’ve published several Governance proposals that ended up being approved.

Evidence

What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring to the committee?

• Background in Media Studies
  • 10 years of experience in the Product field
  • 2 years of full immersion in the web3 crypto space
  • Strong communication and public speaking skills
  • Proficiency in planning and executing complex projects
  • Professional experience in community-based projects
  • Deep knowledge of the DAO stack
  • Understanding of the concepts necessary for performing on-chain transactions
  • Possession of a dedicated laptop and hardware wallet for Committee-related activities (enhancing security measures)

Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information that will help the community when evaluating candidates.

Application: https://forum.decentraland.org/t/call-for-candidates-dao-committee/19215/11

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I remember enjoying and watching the eth LATAM talk. Also I have been informed of the knowledge about ethereum ecosystem in comparisson with other candidates.

Happy to support here

Thanks for your support Pablo :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m abstaining due to a security concern.

I think having 2 signers on the same geographical region is not ideal. Having each member on different parts of the globe is more secure for the DAO and for the members.

Thanks, @Eibriel, I totally understand your concern. I believe I have a proper security setup to handle the keys, though. Also, I’d like to clarify that there are security measures in place that would make it really hard to access the Aragon treasury, Committee members have direct access to the multisig, which has way fewer funds available.

1 Like

Add ginoct to DAO Committee

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 94% 9,208,206 VP (100 votes)
  • No 1% 553 VP (3 votes)
  • Abstain 5% 552,768 VP (15 votes)