[DAO:a442552] Fashion Game “AI Fashion Expert and Stylist”

by 0x40e021b3fc43705ba2db1c0c985cd4457e3729eb (DiVerge)

Should the following Tier 4: up to $60,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Gaming category be approved?

Abstract

Diverge is a Next-Gen fashion company, exploring the way of expressing a digital identity, through high-end digital collectibles, that have utilities across Web3 eco-system. Check what we already did in DCL!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q0VPbCajFiJGGATWmStcTlr4g6beF6sy/view
Due to the huge number of different wearables in the marketplace, finding a perfect total look is confusing. With the grant Diverge will develop and create an interactive game where everyone can get fashion advice, win wearables and create a total look for their avatar in a fun and easy way. It will offer the total look, depending on the user’s gender. One of our main goals is to increase fashion awareness in the space and help everyone to build a digital identity

Grant size

37,700 USD

Beneficiary address

0x40e021B3Fc43705bA2DB1c0c985cd4457e3729eb

Email address

dina@diverge.me

Description

We updated and optimized our grant according to community feedback and comments.

Concept:
Diverge is asking for your vote to support our grant and help fund its idea to solve the styling problem and create the AI Style Expert (fashion game)

Business goal: To increase space retention with interactive gaming experiences and help new users to create a cool digital identity.

Idea:

• to create an AI Stylist slot machine, to get a styling advice and win wearables
  • to increase awareness for the designers and creators

AI STYLIST
The idea of the game comes from the decision to solve the following problem: it’s very confusing and hard to style your avatar due to the huge number of different wearables on the marketplace in DCL. Styling the look may be confusing in IRL, and definitely not easier in Metaverse where there are no limits in choosing your way of self-expression. You can be whatever you want to be, whatever you feel to be in every moment and you can change your character or outfit in seconds. We want to help the community to style their looks in the best way and share our fashion experience.

The AI Stylist Expert will be open for every DCL member and available at Diverge’s MetaFashion Space (Crystal City location(-1;51)). Everyone can stop by and receive their wearable prizes and fashion advice!

The AI Style Expert will work this way:

You choose your gender:
Male
Female
Gender neutral
First time you can play for free and have 3 attempts to play. Each attempt you get advice and you have a chance to win a wearable. After the first free attempt you pay 1 MANA to play more and have more chances. Every attempt you get a different style (total look) which you can purchase right away. For this we’ll create different wearables ourselves and collaborate with other DCL designers and brands. Also there will be a chance to win a wearable. Everyone who starts their game with AI Stylist will get an entry role. For example, it can be the “Fashion Addicted” role. There will be a leaderboard with the levels on how fashionable you are.
Fashion Addicted is an Entry Role. Fashion Icon is the highest one.
For the entry role you have just to play at least once for free.
For the Fashion Icon you need to play for example 100 times and have in your Closet minimum 10 total looks from Ai Fashion Expert (can be changed if needed).

Specification

AI Stylist Game development – $4180 AI Stylist design – $3700 Code/Build – $6820 Project management – $6000 Content creation – $5000 Wearables development – $7000 Fashion curator – $5000

Total: $37700

Summary of the operation costs followed by more info:

AI Stylist Game development: game logic, leaderboard, auth & mana payments, slot machine animation, fashion advice prize, wearable item drop prize;
3D design, models and paid digital creation tools;
Code/Build: building the MetaFashion space, location of AI Stylist;
Project management: communication, team-building and leading, coordinating, organizing corporate events and meetings on a consistent basis and completing reports;
Content creation: creating a good-quality content for social media and press-releases using additional softwares for the best quality;
Wearables development: hiring designers to create wearables from our moodboards;
Fashion curator: creating the moodboards, doing research to find and develop fashion wearables; More detailed specifications https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j_U55gJH9GKtCCwX2xlZv56W2v_tsHJGZjL9jODgwHQ/edit#gid=0

Personnel

Diverge founder

Dina Perfilieva

Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/diana-perfilieva-360b6a16/

Twitter https://twitter.com/di_uni_verse Discord di.universe#3479

Developer

Rezon Team Lead of DCL Full Cycle Builders @inceptionfun (One-year dev experience in DCL)

co creator. 0xa9F07D4B9FF368851Af454DfFea60A3F7F587eee

Twitter https://twitter.com/inceptionfun discord: @rezon#5280

Fashion Curator

Olga Yanul Instagram Instagram Olga Ianul (@olgayanul) • Instagram photos and videos

Community manager

Asya Sumik Twitter https://twitter.com/AsyaSumik Discord

PR Director

Anastasiia Bilous Instagram (@nastasiabilous) • Instagram photos and videos

Staff to hire: Project manager, event manager, 3D designers, content creator.

Roadmap and milestones

Roadmap and milestones
Milestone One: Development of the AI Stylist - code and design; Moodboards for the wearables; Fashion curator will develop a database of 200 minimum total looks to be used as a fashion advice. Launch social media activities to attract new users;

Milestone Two: Wearables development and on-boarding Decentraland designers and brands; Social media activities for Web3 user adoption in Decentraland; AI Stylist implementation;

Milestone Three: MetaFashion Space implementation with various fashion activities for the community to win wearables and receive the fashion advice; Fashion shows with wearable and MANA prizes. Everyone will have a chance to participate and win wearables.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Will that project be sustainable?
Will that project be open source?
Will you give back to the DAO a part of the 1 MANA charge?

I still feel the same way from when you submitted your last proposal, I think you could do some of these deliverables for free right now to show a proof of concept people can start getting behind to support you.

$7000 for Wearables Development, does this still mean that you intend to use DAO funds to create wearables for your project? I don’t care for this… I don’t think it’s fair to all the other 3D modelers and creators who will still have to support their wearable submissions with their own money (Right now the price of one wearable submission is almost 500 mana)

The more I think about charging 1 mana to play a game, the more I think you need to offer this for free before trying to charge for it. What if there is little interest? I’d feel a lot more comfortable if you proved that people want to play this before looking for a ROI.

Personally I’d rather see people spending 1 mana buying real wearables from the marketplace that will support a variety of creators in our DCL ecosystem.

5 Likes

Voting no, as per prev proposal.

i didn’t appreciate this at all ^^

2 Likes

I voted “yes” because I want to give the Ukrainian team a chance to make an interesting project in Decentraland. I like the idea of using AI and I see that the grant amount is not so large that the DCL team is afraid to experiment. I’m sorry this project got so many negative votes :cry:

1 Like

Hi @Canessa
Thank you for your thoughts. 7000$ is the payment for hiring the wearable designers not the submission fee. Submission fee will be paid from our own budget. However, regarding the charge of 1 MANA is a good point. We can make it free of charge for the specific period. It’s more important for us to deliver the game and test the idea rather than looking for a ROI. Concerning your last statement, one of the goals of the game is to promote the designers so people will buy their wearables as an element of the look we will offer.

Hi @HPrivakos!
Thank you for your questions.
1.Will the project be sustainable?
Yes, we’re planning that AI Stylist Game will be sustainable due to the synergistic development along with the development of Decentraland and Web3 in general.

2. Will the project be open source?
The project is not planned to be open source.
In the future we want to create an API and integration with the third-party wearable marketplaces.

3. Will you give back to the DAO a part of the 1 MANA charge?
Yes, we want to give back the 5% of all payments that would be charged after the user 3 free attempts to play the AI Stylist.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. :pray:

So the community is not profiting from it, this grant is just to fund your private business and if it fails the DAO is losing the entirety of the grant as they will not be able to restart the project from the source.

At 0.05 MANA per attempt and current MANA price of 30 cents, we are looking at 2,500,000 attempts for the grant to be paid back.

2 Likes

Fashion Game “AI Fashion Expert and Stylist”

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 9% 712,640 VP (102 votes)
  • No 91% 6,524,561 VP (147 votes)