[DAO:a397ef6] Make All the Top Charted NFT collections 3D linked wearables skins and helmets in Decentraland

Please submit each collection as a separated Linked Wearable Proposal.

In my understanding, the owner of the NFT collection should be the one sending the Linked Wearable Proposal. If you plan to pitch the IP owners of other NFT projects (CryptoPunks, BAYC) to approve/finance this project please make sure you get their written consent.

1 Like

Thank you so much @yemel ! Yes if this method does not work we will defiantly be doing that too at that point in time. Also Yes you can see in the proposal we have spent the past 4 months working with Ape Coin Team members setting it up for not only 1. getting that written consent, but also 2. having it where they fund the creation and logistics themselves. Their team is working on getting the last draft to what they want and approved by the entire team and higher ups as you can see on their forum, and that will be up for a vote i believe next week or so. Reason why we are pitching this to us here at Decentraland DOA now is if it passes we forecast showing the ApeCoin DAO team members the linked wearables are pre approved will be positive incentive for them to then to then vote on getting it passed for the ApeCoin DOA to fund the process and thus any funds won’t be needed by Decentraland DOA for (BAYC, MAYC, BAKC, Meebits, and CryptoPunks).

All this aside thanks so much for your guidance and feedback means a ton. Open to anything else as well! If not all good, thanks again!

1 Like

140,000 NFTs at 19 USD per model? That’s 2.6M USD, correct?

People are saying yes for this budget, but there is no budget at all other than “$19 per mold”.
Can you give a clear price on how much this would cost to the DAO?

EDIT:
You are asking 19M USD to ApeCoin, so I guess the 2.6M USD is not a bad calculation on my side.
Anyone voting yes to this proposal is a threat to the DAO. Proposals like that might lead the DAO to an end by running out of money as fast as possible.

Overall Cost | The total cost to implement the proposal.
$19 in DAI coin per unique 3D mold per NFT for all of the top listed 12 NFT collections.

Why so cheap?
Yes, when you google “how much does 3D character cost” first result comes up with $4,000 to $6,000 per character and with the 140,000 NFT characters in total isn’t that $560,000,000+?! How can we do as low as estimated $19 per 3D mold? This is true however with our years of experience, 3D rendering algorithms and millions of dollars spent on our current 3D Feature Film as have learned a lot that we can pass onto this project which will cut costs dramatically while also bringing the highest quality.

19 USD per “mold” (NFT) times 140,000 NFTs = 2,660,000 USD

“Look, only $2,660,000 instead of HALF A BILLION DOLLARS, such a great deal”
That’s the same level of scam that website having 99% offer all the time. This proposal is scamming the whole DAO.
There is no way that this proposal will bring back 2.6M in value to Decentraland, the community or the DAO.

Thanks @HPrivakos ! 100% Yes we are working with the ApeCoin DAO to fund the 279,024 est times 4 = 1,116,096 est - 10,000 = 1,106,096 est 3D models which will cost est 19m which is going to take a massive team to create and will then not cost the Decentrland DOA to make the (BAYC, MAYC, BAKC, CryptoPunks and Meebits) molds. I am sorry you see this as a “scam” and can’t see the long term value it can bring. As said in the proposal and can ask any wearable creator here in the Decentraland community the reality is creating 3D molds is not cheap as said in the proposal if you google “how much does 3D character cost” first result comes up with $4,000 to $6,000 per character not $19. We are working making this as cheap as possible and open to your ideas.

Also, Yes I am surprised you don’t see the value this will bring to the Decntraland DOA since you are super active in this community. You can check out here this URL Transparency how the DOA makes its revenue and being funded and can see in past 30 days alone 74% of all revenue was from Wearable Submission fees.

Based on this data we can see this is the highest value demand that Decentraland DOA brings and would love to continue growing this to all present and future NFT collections, and use the top NFT collections as a proof of concept to kickstart this growth. I myself have seen the value in this and have spent over $10,000+ in wearable submission fees that has helped provide my NFT collections great utility and would like to get all the thousands of other NFT collections and all future NFT collections to do the same.

By charging these 10,000 unique NFT collections now and future not the standard $150 per 3D submission but a discount bulk rate of like $100 or $50 or $10 or even $1 per 3D submission will continue to increase this exact revenue to $10,000 to $1 million per NFT collection to the DAO. I am open to any alternative metrics you prefer but if directly trying to increase the biggest revenue of the DCL DOA by this proof of concept investment I am not quit sure what else I can do. Regardless this aside all is good either way and thanks for your feedback and long term engagement in the community as always bro!

1 Like

You might find 4k-6k USD per high poly characters that modelers spend days on.
But we are talking about low poly characters only a few different traits between each other.
They are not “10,000 unique NFTs”, they are 10,000 NFTs sharing the same base model with a couple hundreds different traits.

You just need to model the separate features then merge them together with a script.

BAYC only has 160 unique traits, you are asking 190k USD (19x10k) to design 160 traits, that’s over 1,000 USD per traits, and we are talking about some traits as little as an earring.

1 Like

Yes! for this Budget

2 Likes

Thanks HP! Defiantly Yes on this too! @hich is why we are current request is 315% decrease rate from the standard $4k-$6k rate.

Also as stated earlier Yes we are working on getting this and our ApeCoin DOA proposal passed so it will not cost anything to Decentraland DOA to create the molds for (BAYC, MAYC, BAKC, CryptPunks, Meebits) we just need the linked approval. Also Yes I think there is some confusion here but Yes we are charging the DAOs $19 per mold however that is not just for the traits we are combining all other costs of scripting, rendering, testing, resubmissions, campaigning and everything else within this cost to keep it simpler for the DOAs. Also think there is some confusion here since you are also referencing Ape DOA request and for them we are also additionally making them high poly characters on top of Decentralnd molds if that makes sense. All this aside thanks again and def open to any ideas you have like this if you think you can help us cut costs and join our team on taking this portion of the workload on. As you already know this is going to take a pretty big team and we need all the help we can get so thanks for all your ideas and feedback. Feel free to reach out to me anytime if you wold love to do that. If not all good too thanks again as always!

1 Like

Thanks a ton Madbaby!

1 Like

I vote yes this is great

1 Like

Love this idea and I definitely see a lot more coming out of this concept once it’s close or fully up and operating. Aaron has shown many times to support the community and foundation. I voted yes because I’d love to see this into effect and actually a thing. Many more communitys would definitely become interested with the web3 with this big innovated move. My best of wishes Aaron and good luck can’t wait to hopefully see this concept and idea soon to be a reality.

1 Like

I gave it a yes vote. Good luck Aaron!

1 Like

I vote yes for this budget

1 Like

Voto Si, para el presupuesto, suerte !

1 Like

no way ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I vote Yes ,but I’m with you Aaron,I’ll follow your lead on this. Which ever you decide

1 Like

This is a great proposal, and I approve!

1 Like

Are people blind they are saying yes to a 2.6M USD proposal?
They likely don’t care because they are getting a free Waifumon from Aaron :crazy_face:

1 Like

I voted Invalid question/options.
I think the budged is not clear, not detailed, the project it’s too big/ambitious and too expensive like @HPrivakos said. I’m also with @Matimio in that “it appears to be part Grant part Linked Wearables proposal”. It will help if you split the different points in different proposals, like point #4, what does it have to do with the project?
I think maybe you could start by choosing just one NFT collection and then go from there, one by one.

Good luck Aaron, don’t give up and keep growing!

Voting no. Too expensive and too ambitious. 2.6M USD to start?

Consider making the same proposal separately for ONE collection, and ask for a specific amount of $. If you succeed, the DAO can fund the next, and then the next. It’s to risky to fund this IMO.

Thanks @Jandoria ! Yes as already explained to @Matimio this is more complexed then just a linked ask and even when I tried to submit via that forum instead I get this error every-time.
Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 2.50.10 PM
So was not even possible. I asked for the correct or alternative method 3 days ago but still have not gotten a response.

Also yes would have been great great to break this down into into 15 proposals but I forecast that would 1. flood the Decentraland DOA and forums which be kind of selfish, complex and confusion for people since would take away from other people trying to submit proposals.

And thanks again bro for the luck def will keep at it since I forecast the future of the DOA depends on this new cashflow revenue to stay afloat and love DCL!

1 Like