[DAO:a0c2c36] Continued growth of Wilderness P2E and $ELO Chess Club

by 0x4262f8bb5bd9ad132782d2a7279b532a1dc6bcbf (0xChamp)

Should the following $77,500 grant in the In-World Content category be approved?

Abstract

Launched in Dec 2021, Wilderness P2E is a thriving magic combat RPG with a dedicated community in Decentraland, maintaining 100+ Daily Active Users (DAU) in harsh market conditions and a high of 800 DAU in Feb 2022.

In March 2023, our team introduced $ELO Chess Club, an exclusive and relaxed chess club for Decentraland’s elite players. $ELO Chess Club has already captivated 420+ users in its first month.

With the requested grant, our objective is to continue developing and expanding both Wilderness P2E and $ELO Chess Club, ensuring that our community enjoys engaging gameplay and experiences.

Grant size

77,500 USD in DAI

Project duration

6 months

Beneficiary address

0x4262f8BB5bd9Ad132782D2a7279b532A1DC6BCbF

Email address

ryan@wildernessp2e.com

Description

Wilderness P2E : Website | WhitePaper | Discord | Twitter

$ELO Chess Club : Twitter | Discord

Wilderness P2E : Highlights

• Magic Combat gameplay with 4 spell types, 4 spell classes, 3 NPCs, clans, PvP and Blood Hour events
  • 3D In-World Bazaar: Explore and buy Wilderness P2E NFTs in-world.
  • $WLDY Coin: The official P2E currency of Wilderness P2E, listed on a CEX (CoinStore) and DEXs.
  • Website and Marketplace: Buy and Manage Wilderness P2E Wearables via dapps
  • Automated Rewards: Seamlessly receive rewards for achievements and gameplay milestones.
  • Skills and mini-games : Endless Runner Parkour, Potion Brewing, Baking and Goblet of Gambles
  • WAP Tokens : Custom attendance tokens for Wilderness P2E events and Achievements
  • Additional Activities: Lake,Parties, Events and interacting with Bob (AI-enabled).

Wilderness P2E Achievements

• A thriving community of 1,100+ on Discord and 4,100+ on Twitter.
  • Over 38,000 unique visitors.
  • Consistently among the most visited scenes

$ELO Chess Club Highlights:

• 2D & 3D Interface with AI & PvP game modes
  • $ELO Currency: P2E currency awarded to the top 10 players in weekly tournaments.
  • Socialize at Pool Parties & NFT Gallery.
  • Betting and Knockout Tournaments on Discord.

$ELO Chess Club Achievements:

• 420+ users in the first month and 50+ users on Discord.
  • First Knockout tournament underway.
  • Launch of the inaugural set of wearables.
  • 2 Collaborations in its first month

Partnerships and Collabs

Media Coverage

Sustainability

We generated a peak revenue of 2000$ in a month through collaborations so far. We believe that with right market conditions, we can reach a break-even point by the end of this grant period.

Roadmap and milestones

May - July 2023

Wilderness P2E

• Quests v2: Address bugs, introduce new quests and enhance scalability
  • AI NPC: Improve AI-enabled abilities for the much-loved character, Bob
  • Wearables Launch: Release 2-4 new wearables with P2E bonuses
  • Integrate the new Referral System in-game
  • Cloud Cost Optimization: data cleanup, streamlining data pipeline
  • Collaborations and Events with brands within DCL and outside

$ELO Chess Club

• New Gameplay modes : Daily PvP tournaments, 3 minute (bullet) gameplay mode
  • Launch of In-game wearables display shop
  • Implementing an AI NPC for an engaging gameplay environment

Aug - Oct 2023

Wilderness P2E

• Wearables Release: Release 2 new wearables with P2E bonuses
  • Launch a Player DAO based on $WLDY
  • Migration to SDK 7 and re-organizing codebase
  • v2 of in-game tutorial : v2 will expand the tutorial to all 4 skills and add next steps for the players to follow.
  • Collaborations and Events with brands within DCL and outside

$ELO Chess Club

• New Wearables Launch : the 2nd collection for $ELO Chess Club with $ELO P2E bonuses
  • Adding Milestones/Challenges and Rewards
  • 2nd Knockout tournament : A 2nd Knockout tournament with $ELO and wearable NFT prizes.
  • Create a Learning repository for new players

Apart from the milestones mentioned above, we will continue to maintain existing features of the games, support the community and carry out regular operations to keep growing the ecosystem

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

A very easy vote, Wilderness has engaged an audience and seems to have put out many new updates in a short period of time. As I get to know the team better, I feel confident that they can continue to bring high quality development to Decentraland. I’m glad they have also brought a chess game to DCL, as users have been asking for quite some time whether we had chess here or not. I’m looking forward to see what this team can do next :+1:

3 Likes

240k wasn’t enough?
Where can we find the source code of those scenes and servers?

1 Like

Easy yes from me, the Wilderness team has continued to bring tremendous value in Decentraland, and I love the chess club. It adds a new layer of experience and excitement to Decentraland, and I am confident the team will continue to deliver excellence to this platform.

1 Like

Seeing what @champ has done so far makes, me wonder what is next?
He is so dedicated and effectively making progress that I can do nothing else then admire his work.
Great work! LOVE IT!! :heart:

1 Like

Got my vote!! I love Wilderness!

1 Like

They are doing more then wilderness altough I agree money is much but I can assure you with wilderness dedication its in the hands of someone thats reliable and showed that he is putting the effort for every penny. Events, parties, updates, innovation, wearables, utilities, smart contract & crypto currency with a backed project behind it.
Not to mentioned when I found the API calls from p2e games in DCL to abuse that in postmand wilderness, dcl games and KOA where the only ones that tought this through which shows that there is alot that is also done in background.
even wondermine had flaws.

All I wonder is what is going to happen with my VIP pass @champ any news?

1 Like

A very easy vote, Wilderness has engaged an audience and seems to have put out many new updates in a short period of time. As I get to know the team better, I feel confident that they can continue to bring high quality development to Decentraland. I’m glad they have also brought a chess game to DCL, as users have been asking for quite some time whether we had chess here or not. I’m looking forward to see what this team can do next :+1:

Thanks a lot @Canessa! Appreciate the vote of confidence and we hope to keep delivering to the community’s expectations :heart:

Easy yes from me, the Wilderness team has continued to bring tremendous value in Decentraland, and I love the chess club. It adds a new layer of experience and excitement to Decentraland, and I am confident the team will continue to deliver excellence to this platform.

Thank you @friskybumblebee Really glad that you liked the experience and have faith in our team :heart:

Seeing what @champ has done so far makes, me wonder what is next?
He is so dedicated and effectively making progress that I can do nothing else then admire his work.
Great work! LOVE IT!! :heart:

:heart: Thanks @InJesterr Let’s keep building some great stuff :muscle:

Got my vote!! I love Wilderness!

Thank you @Tudamoon :saluting_face: :heart:

All I wonder is what is going to happen with my VIP pass @champ any news?

Well watch out for the gen. 5 and gen. 6 wearables launch with 20% discount for VIP Passholders. Also, some free wine at Wilderness bar maybe :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

That sounds great! Im waiting for it!

1 Like

I’m inclined to agree with this sentiment.
What happened to the $240k? Did they have a large sum of mana and the price dropped?
I suppose I could go sleuthing to find out…

No, all grants are paid in DAI since a very long time.

1 Like

I think before they mainly did the first grant for the development of wilderness only, now they have both the wilderness and the entire chess elo club, which mainly servers as a club/party house and you can do something while you are partieng. I honestly believe its a good way to use the treasury on this team because we already know how they operate and are certain about their credibility. I rather vote yes a 100x on this team then an entirely new project.

and grants were paid in DAI as HP said so that means its a stable price.

Continued growth of Wilderness P2E and $ELO Chess Club

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 87% 6,111,693 VP (106 votes)
  • No 12% 864,502 VP (8 votes)
  • Abstain 1% 33,753 VP (5 votes)

Continued growth of Wilderness P2E and $ELO Chess Club

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)

Vesting Contract Address: 0x6F2d82FFf6EFFF46Ae3706F7181F167654B7dD5a

Today, we had our last Monthly Meeting with @champ from Wilderness P2E and $ELO Chess Club, and the project is on track and ready to exit. They showcased a live demo to review the progress of the last month, and we checked their GovApp Update and their Public Roadmap. We also discussed the possibility of remaining funds, and they mentioned that they might use them to cover the cost of servers in the future. A decision on this will be made at the end of the month.

We reminded them about the requirement to mention that this grant is funded by the DAO, and they assured us that they would do it this week. They also delivered the metrics, and we sent them the final End report.

We would love to hear how this grant contributed to your project and its impact on Decentraland. Additionally, we would appreciate any feedback on how to improve the Decentraland Grants Program in the future.

To complete the grant program, please follow these steps:

1. Please complete the final report form to provide this information.

2. You can also make a comment on the forum -on your proposal page- to notify the community that your project is complete and share any relevant links.

Please don’t forget to mention “Funded by Decentraland DAO” in your platform / in world content / website / promotion materials / etc (if you are a Social Media Content category grant, it is a requirement for the category). Let me know when this is ready

In this link you will find all the logos needed DAO LOGO - public - Google Drive

Please let us know if you need any help. Congratulations to Ryan and the team for finishing the grant. It was a pleasure working with you!

FIFI
Grant Support Squad

1 Like