[DAO:91fc061] I would like Decentraland to mark lands that has been stolen, to avoid scammer to sell the asset , with the hope one day they are going back to the original owner

by 0xd311898179d2695e6ad1e176478289031bb13455 (Damiano)

I been scam recently and the scammer manage to transfer out of my wallet 2 Decentraland lands.

I would like Decentraland to mark lands that has been stolen, to avoid scammer to sell the asset , with the hope one day they are going back to the original owner.

This Proposal wants to help the community and the Decentraland world to be transparent and trustworthy.

I believe on the power of the community.

• Vote yes
  • Vote no
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

This is strange there is no conversation here. Why would we not want something like this? Why is this an invalid proposal? These are questions I have before I vote. I hope some will bring some clarity to the negatives of this happening as i only see the positive currently.

Opensea already has a similar approach and it is working terribly. Scammers usually sell stolen NFTs before owner has noticed or before Opensea has marked them as stolen. In result the person who got scammed is at loss, the person who bought the stolen NFT is rugged, because it can’t be re-sold and the only person who gains something from this is scammer.

3 Likes

When a scammer steals an NFT they resell it in seconds. Before you even know it’s gone another innocent person has purchased it not knowing it was stolen. Locking it will only hurt us and the new buyer. Not the scammer… and there’s no way to get the land back.

We’d all like to prevent stolen land from being sold.

I do not think marking lands as stolen would solve this problem. OpenSea flags items reported as stolen and prevents them from being sold there in the future. Who that ends up hurting is not the person who stole the item but the unwitting person who bought it from them.