[DAO:91e1374] Add the location 100,130 to the Points of Interest

by 0x77e2e933db7941055f0630a5e53137f19872290d (na)

AETHERIAN project

Should the scene located at 100,130 be added to the Point of Interest list?

Description

BUITL.COM

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I support the BUITL grant so only makes sense to support the POI for the land it’s hosted on!

Has anything been held or is being held here yet to make this a community interest?

Before voting against please visit:

I’m gonna start doing events here soon…
We also have UNO :slight_smile:
It would help to have this as a POI so that people can see it on the map…
I’m not sure why this has been so heavily voted against :confused:
I know some people have the opinion that there are too many POIs but this square occupies close to 200 squares and is actively being developed on :man_shrugging:

Hi BET,

I like your project and saw your question about people not voting for your proposal. Here’s the guidelines I try to vote along when looking at POI stars:

To me I think locations that are worthy of a Point of Interest star have done the following:

1. Worked to host events before applying for a POI star

2. Gotten to know community members and become active within the DCL community

3. Brought value to the greater Decentraland community in a way that is not self-serving

4. Minted the name they are proposing the POI with

5. Have not voted on their own proposal: Let the community make this decision

Many businesses wait months or even years before applying for a POI star. Have you held any events at your land? Do you have any scheduled in the future?

Many brands may believe that a POI star is the next logical step in building a brand in the metaverse. However many of us feel that a POI star is an honor given to locations who have expended time and energy to build not only their brand, but Decentraland as a whole. Some brands seek a POI star to draw attention and customers to their parcel. Other options might include: Hold events at your land, either for your own brand, or let other users use your venue to showcase their wearable release, DJ party, etc. Have event pages for your events to drive traffic to the parcel. Sponsor community events, such as the fashion shows held regularly and other projects that would benefit from the support. Maintain a social media account and connect with Decentraland users on Twitter, Instagram, Discord, etc. The more the community gets to know you and your venue, the more value they will feel that it brings to Decentraland.

I hope this helps you see what voters might be looking for. I personally waited 3 years before feeling like my land was worthy of a POI. I’d be happy to answer any questions that might help you build your business in a way that the community might feel it warrants a POI in the future. Kindly, Canessa

1 Like
  1. Done
  2. I’m pretty active in discord
  3. I’ve probably invited about 100,000+ unique ethereum addresses to decentraland
  4. Done: http://BUITL.DCL.ETH
  5. I only have 12k MANA (which is about 2.5% of the VP needed) and all of my estate is in aetheria so I don’t get any VP there… I don’t think this is a good enough reason to vote against :man_facepalming:

I’ve done a lot of events in decentraland. Most of them were hosted for outside projects to bring people and companies in to decentraland.

You gotta imagine I spend most of my time inside the SDK building stuff so doing all this stuff on my own since launch is pretty tough. And if you go there it’s actually quite an impressive amount of work put into this project :sweat_smile:
But I’ve done about 4 major events in the last 2 years…

The way I see it is:
Because my scene is in an awkward location. It’s hard to get to. I can’t access my scene through Decentraland - Marketplace because i get redirected (same as samsung and playboy etc). The only way to get there is a direct link or finding it in-game. But It’s in a massive empty blue space in-game. Even if you knew where abouts the scene was and you wanted to go there. It’s also hard to find because the in-game map is soo small. And you would literally need to memorize the co-ordinates to find it. Try it out for yourself and you can see what I mean…

So I thought a POI is pretty justifiable.

You can’t really tell from the proposal but this scene is 154 squares in size and surrounded by roads in all directions so it’s not like I’m clogging up space or infringing on any neighbours or anything. I just want people to actually see it…

so anyway, I thought a POI was pretty justifiable. But definitely check it out for yourself…

Thanks for the long post and appreciate your input.

2 Likes

Great to see that you have claimed your Name ‘BUITL.dcl.eth’ and have assigned this to your corresponding LAND parcel to simplify user experience when navigating to this experience.

1 Like

Im gonna feel your pain and vote yes. It’s not much. The POI can be removed later if need be. If you are constantly working have no one else to help with interaction and you’ve been actively building for so long, I say YES. Good luck and Im gonna go check you out soon.

1 Like

Im getting so tired, of DAO warriors making a big question of a POI??? Please stop being woke, and constant critical about everything - and be proactive my fellow dao members. We want DCL creators, newcommers and businesses to thrive, not regulate and annoy our creators!

Give them a chance, help them to get started - and not already destroy their motivation for making a name for themself before it has begun with regulation and demands which is not even official.

It’s a easy vote for me - yes! (We can always remove it later, if the project turns out inactive?)

Yes for here.

1 Like

Add the location 100,130 to the Points of Interest

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 57% 948,161 VP (37 votes)
  • No 43% 724,467 VP (30 votes)

Add the location 100,130 to the Points of Interest

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc)