[DAO:86420e9] Add the location -30,11 to the Points of Interest

by 0x0f23c2f2110ab0fbd182789eb7ebdfa338efde81 (Dolphin)

Maxis Centre Decentraland

Should the scene located at -30,11 be added to the Point of Interest list?

Description

The (-30, 11) scene features a Malaysia Telco brand “Maxis”, which also marks the 1st Malaysian enterprise to be in Decentraland. Having this can increase the potential interest from corporates, which significantly increases value in Decentraland.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Nice office) Welcome :hugs:

Thank you for taking the time to apply for a POI star. Your building is well made and very professional. To me I think locations that are worthy of a Point of Interest star have done the following:

1. Worked to host events before applying for a POI star
  2. Gotten to know community members and become active within the DCL community
  3. Brought value to the greater Decentraland community in a way that is not self-serving
  4. Minted the name they are proposing the POI with

I have a few questions, I haven’t seen you around Decentraland at all, and I haven’t noticed any events at your property. Can you tell us if you’ve had events, connected to the Decentraland community, or do you plan to host events in the future? To protect the integrity of the Point of Interest Star system, I will be voting NO on your star. However I will be happy to change this to a YES vote when your brand expends time and energy investing back into the greater Decentraland Community. Kindly, Canessa

POIs should be given to spots that are active in the community who hosts and attend regular events.

First, I applaud you for using this build as a way to bring more citizens from Malaysia into Decentraland. However, I agree with @Canessa & @Dhingia’s comments. I want to see more activity of out of this location first prior to designating a POI for it. Would love to support another POI request once I see a few events out of here!

Add the location -30,11 to the Points of Interest

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 23% 289,804 VP (30 votes)
  • No 77% 922,591 VP (28 votes)