[DAO:9166e5f] Should Tobik be confirmed as the winner of the DAO Committee Elections voting?

I think this is the best path forward right now given the circumstances… at least temporarily.

Hey @Canessa I do understand what you mean!
I just wanted to make sure you knew about it ofcourse its up to you what you do with your own VP :wink:

At this point, I voted NO on this proposal, not because of my position in support or opposition to Tobik, but because I feel that we are using an electoral process that is within the spirit of the binding governance proposal that passed to establish this process, however, it is outside the letter of that proposal.

If there was a broad consensus on the candidate and the process, I think this would be enough to have a legitimate process, and us to still move forward with formalizing this process in the future in a way that is beneficial to our DAO as a whole. However, given the divisiveness that surrounds this process, I think it is most important that we do the process it self right, and to do that, we need to take a step back and implement the formal pathway for a ranked choice vote for selecting the committee member within our governance dApp. At the very least, we will then be able to point to the fact that we followed the Binding Governance Proposal to Elect a DAO Committee Member to the fullest, and we can fully stand behind the results of that election.

I share some thoughts to this effect in this Discord post in our DAO server: Discord

2 Likes

Should Tobik be confirmed as the winner of the DAO Committee Elections voting?

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 65% 11,901,736 VP (246 votes)
  • No 35% 6,541,172 VP (126 votes)

I can’t believe none of us noticed Tobik hadn’t participated in the DAO almost at all prior to being given the position by Rob and Esteban.

I hope that whoever the oligarchs of DCL decide to force through next to replace Yemel at least has a history of being active in the DAO

1 Like