[DAO:8ffd6a7] Limit grants re-submission to 2 every 6 months

by 0x521b0fef9cdcf250abaf8e7bc798cbe13fa98692 (HPriv)

We cannot have people keep posting the same grant again and again until it passes, I propose to limit the number of grant proposal about the same project to two over a 6 months period.

• Yes
  • Yes, but different limits
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

2 Likes

It won’t avoid requesting from several addresses, maybe “only allow to submit grant requests first 2 weeks of each month” … or … “first 2 weeks of each quarter”

Very much needed!

But we definitely need to define a clear criteria:

eg. It’s not the same a grant resubmission with budget and/or scope adjustments than the same proposal being resubmitted without changes.

eg. What about grants that have been revoked?

1 Like

I like the Idea, but this will trigger the grantee to delete the proposal if they see it won’t pass, and the DAO will lose information.
Do you imagine a solution to prevent that?

1 Like

Dont allow to delete a proposal, only to “archive” or to “cancel”.

2 Likes

Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this, HP! Long overdue imo.

I agree with Fehz that we need to address some specific criteria like a resubmission with a significant change to the budget/roadmap/whatever, or resubmissions due to not meeting the threshold. I would like to see a blanket limit on resubmissions within x time period like mentioned above but with those situations as possible exceptions/special circumstances that are outlined.

I also think this is a good opportunity to outline some rules/restrictions for those who have had grants revoked in the past.

As for the concern about deleting proposals- I think changing the option to delete to archiving sounds like a good solution, no?

1 Like

Yes, that’s a GovSquad thing, we can totally prevent proposals from being deleted.

If you fail your second try, you are probably not serious enough.

if they asked once already, they can ask again within the 6 months, but only once.

It would probably be manual at first, so using different addresses won’t bypass it.

3 Likes

What I’m saying is that we shouldn’t allow at all the resubmission of a proposal that’s identical to the previous one without a cooldown period. The threshold thing that Mimsy mentioned is something that we should also consider for these cases.

A third try doesn’t make sense to me…

Yeah to me some reasonable criteria would be you can resubmit a failed proposal if:

• The original proposal ended with the majority voting in favor but failed to reach the VP threshold

• Significant change is made to the budget or roadmap (but how would we quantify this… like at least a 30% reduction of the budget to qualify for resubmission? :woman_shrugging:)

Not sure what else…

1 Like

Better if no human action is necessary I think.
Time window can have some benefits, cheap and easy to implement among others.

I’ve had similar thoughts as well. I discussed this topic with someone before, such as each project not being able to receive funding more than three times, or setting a limit on the maximum amount for each project. I haven’t come up with the most suitable solution yet.

I believe this is a good solution for transparency aswell.

1 Like

I will agree with you one time only. Let the record show my perfect track record of voting in an unbiased manner.

Limit grants re-submission to 2 every 6 months

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 19% 1,732,851 VP (14 votes)
  • Yes, but different limits 80% 7,069,171 VP (46 votes)
  • No 1% 769 VP (2 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)

I think deleting a proposal is a good thing…
If something serious comes up then it’s good to be flexible sometimes…
I deleted my proposal recently because there was a potential trademark infringement in the title…
was glad i didn’t have to wait…

1 Like

maybe when less than 24h at least

deleting a proposal shouldn’t delete the forum post discussing it

Still remains valid though…
Imagine I didn’t think about the trademark infringement until the last 24 hours…
Maybe then it’s too late and funding is already secured on a trademark and things get messy…

1 Like

Limit grants re-submission to 2 every 6 months

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)