[DAO:80189d6] New Wearable Category: Hands (Resubmission)

by 0x56469159d91eb810dce34dd13ec4ed8194bca7be (Vroomway)

We are resubmitting a poll to add the Wearable category “Hands” to the Wearables Publishing options. There was a poll done in 2021 that passed but did not receive a draft proposal as they were not aware of the governance process. I have spoken to Franky and they have allowed Doki and me to take ownership of trying to pass this governance again. You can find the original poll that passed here: Add A Category For Hand Accessory In The Wearables Builder

This poll aims to assure that the Hand Category is still the desired category from the community.

We would propose the following parameters/guidelines for curation on the new category:

• 1500 tri limit (Identical to Feet Category)
  • 2 materials 2 textures limit. All textures must be square. (Identical to Feet Category)
  • All pre-existing Upper-Body wearables should automatically hide the Hands category.
  • Creators should be able to update their existing Upper-Body wearables as needed to accommodate this change.
  • Skins should automatically hide Hand Category. (Identical to Feet Category)
  • A mass email should be sent to every wearable creator (they have to submit an email upon publishing) to let them know about the change so that creators who have pre-existing wearables that include hand accessories (IE: Tiara, Top-Head, Earring, etc) can update their wearable as needed.

For me, the Hands category has been one that I’ve wanted since day 1. If we are thinking long-term for the platform, it doesn’t make sense to keep allowing the dilution of other categories for the sake of Hand accessories. It is also extremely misleading when something is categorized as a Tiara or Earring when in reality a lot of these items don’t have but a dot for earrings and oftentimes nothing to really represent a Tiara to make room for the allotted tris on the Hand accessory. I myself am guilty of this.

I also believe that this will create some inspiration among Wearable creators. New categories tend to breed innovation and creativity. As we saw with the skin category :wink:. This also allows for RPG games to have proper accessories for their game. Salvaging the integrity of the Wearable system is better done sooner than later. We appreciate any and all feedback! :pray:

Here is a visual:

• Yes, Add Hands Category!
  • No, Do Not Add Hands Category.
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

2 Likes

Hands down best idea for Decentraland

3 Likes

I see what you did there :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Easy YES from me. We def need more slots. Was told 10 months ago they were coming “soon” and we still here lol

1 Like

Vote: YES

I understand that this will be difficult to accomplish from a development perspective. This is Decentraland for goodness sake. We can do difficult things.

I wholeheartedly agree that it is better to do it now.

1 Like

Thanks for the support. @AwedJob I agree that it’s not an easy thing to accomplish, however, I think the solutions I proposed will ease a lot of that pressure.

Voting Yes on this. I would love to see it. Would be real cool to utilize the hands with out taking up one of the accessory, etc. slots. On top of that, giving a little more allowance for re submitting old upper bodies without the hand bodies included.

New Wearable Category: Hands (Resubmission)

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes, add hands category! 99% 1,609,825 VP (192 votes)
  • No, do not add hands category. 1% 12 VP (2 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)

I was a bit slow to vote on this but I’m all for it!

These 7 day voting periods are just too short but I vote YES too.

New Wearable Category: Hands (Resubmission)

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)