[DAO:7d78760] Allow the option for building a 5-10 page websites out of DCL Names

by 0xbc02db030361121dd43bbb2fcbcb4f9f98c1dc7d (Grantee)

This proposal is a small adjustment to recently passed Governance Proposal. See blow.

Under the specifications there is a option for Simple one page Landing pages or Webpages function. I would like this to be extended from one page to 5 or 10 pages for building websites. Considering the average desktop webpage is 2.2 Mb and average mobile webpages are 2 Mb, I say we can allocate some of the 100 Mb given to DCL names for this implementation.

I believe this keeps us innovative and seeing how the digital identities and decentralised domain names have become more relevant in the recent years, this will be a great addition and perhaps an even greater marketing strategy for Decentraland.

Should DCL Names have the option to build 5-10 page websites?

Please vote; Yes or No

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Optional things are very handy to have so I dont see why not!

how big of an ask is this from a developer pov?

Agree with @InJesterr, I don’t mind an option.

1 Like

I’d say we need to define “the option to build”

The underlying requirement to serve up basic web files doesn’t seem like it would be too difficult, since I’m sure we’re already serving up some sort of application files to allow for each world to exist.

But then how do people build their website? It seems like we would need a content management system where people can connect their wallet, add pages, add a title to each page, edit the content, deploy their changes, etc. How much customization can be done? Can people set the colors and styles of their page or create different custom themes, similar to a WordPress site?

I think this is a cool idea, but if I was taking this on as a developer I would need to determine exactly what initial features were expected for this website builder before starting the work.

What would work for most people? I’d love to just be able to upload a folder with a React project so I could customize the website to be however I wanted and have as many pages as I could fit in a certain amount of storage space.

I think something like that would be easier for the devs to build, but probably wouldn’t be used that much by people who don’t know how to code. So in order to get the most use out of these websites there might need to be some sort of content management system, and that would take longer to scope out and build.

Allow the option for building a 5-10 page websites out of DCL Names

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 97% 2,683,350 VP (69 votes)
  • No 0% 0 VP (1 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 3% 104,603 VP (3 votes)

Allow the option for building a 5-10 page websites out of DCL Names

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfb1afa4dc069ffb47b19dbee196045d508fcd5a2)