Author: 0xc82fd31500576f394b59be3b10c154b584ea6004
Update Status: On Time
Project Health: :green_circle: On Track

Introduction

This update provides information from Jan 15 - Feb 15

Highlights

Jan 15 - Feb 15

• Hosted a total of 21 live events
  • Dropped 611 SHOAPs (this number does not include those users who did not manually submit their wallet addresses to receive their airdrops when DCL-side validation failed or for those users who signed in as guests)
  • Unique users according to DCL-Metrics from Jan 15 - Feb 15: 758
  • Engaged with new musicians through sound.xyz and X by featuring their music NFTs during the MoFyah Warm-Up Show
  • Began design of crow wearable to drop at upcoming LFC Festival
  • Began official planning and slotting for LFC Fest
  • Spoke on panel for Decentraland Wellness Week - https://twitter.com/teenybod/status/1750554035730706459

User-generated content highlights:

Blockers

I am still unable to see NFTs in Decentraland (they appear as broken links.)
I’ve reached out to support numerous times and received no solution–only that this is likely due to an API issue with Opensea and that they won’t have a fix until May. However, numerous other users are not experiencing the same issue. I’ve tried browser and client, cleared cache, and done a clean re-install. My partner, Dhino, has done the same and also sees the broken links. I see user-generated content published from within the TRU Band Room with about 50% of users having the same issue and the others able to see the NFTs as they should.

The process of onboarding new musicians, users, influencers, and potential sponsors often involves screen-sharing–where I share my screen while in the TRU Band Room to give a tour and point out features and capabilities. Because all DCL users are not experiencing the same broken nft issue, I don’t see how it’s an API issue with Opensea and would appreciate dev support to resolve this.

Next steps

We are designing a wearable in collaboration DCL community member, CryptoMinotaur, and are planning a drop party for early March.
LFC Fest will include over 9 hours of music on March 30th.

Additional notes and links

View this update on the Governance dApp