[DAO:6ba39aa] Did you approve the new Genesis Plaza? Do you Approve Jump Ins?

by 0xe945ed0530da54c1af15c6b034be9ef3e6bbe7b1 (OGContraBand)

New users are taken to dclonboarding.dcl.eth not to genesis plaza - try it for yourself if you don’t believe. QUESTION 1 Do you remember approving this MAJOR DECISION?

Once user completes quest, user is given 3 choices to “Jump In” - Genesis Plaza is only 1 of 3 options. Instead sending users to the top-performing properties like Ice Poker, Wonder Mine it seems certain insiders have forced their lands on the jump ins similar to how specific wearables were shown in genesis plaza. I have provided a screen shot to the default option I got when playing - Doll House. QUESTION 2 - do you approve of default the “place highlight” jump in locations?

Nothing personal against Sinful, Buffalo, Stoney etc but this is damaging to the platform and none of the decisions went through the DAO to my knowledge (prove me wrong). These buildings will typically not feature a live event where the top performing properties are “always on”. Secondly Doll House is famous for “skampily clad” persons, cage dancers and broadcasting content that some parents would take issue with. It has only avoided age restriction due to insider action - the same way this is the new genesis plaza without a DAO vote.

My weed farm got age restricted. I didn’t complain at all because I can see where some parents won’t want their kids to see it and certainly I could understand if I’m not eligible to be a “jump in” for genesis plaza or in this new onboarding. I don’t take an issue with drag story hour myself, but think it’s asking for trouble having this as a jump in point and simultaneously not age restricted specifically with the Doll House. DCL says they want to be inclusive - we should try to be respectful to those with more conservative values as well.

Finally as a new user and new developer the insider actions are unwelcoming. It feels like the cards are always stacked against the new user, we are outsiders who will always be oppressed by the oligarchs of DCL.

• Yes, Yes
  • Yes, No
  • No, Yes
  • No, No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

This dclonboarding scene was displayed in the following grant by polygonal minds, but is deployed by metadyne labs - are they the same entity? Does anyone know will we be able to make something in Unity and deploy to DCL after this is done? Nowhere did it say this will replace genesis plaza that I see or to serve as a personal advertisement for a few select people.

That’s the foundation

Also these options change based on what area is populated or has an event about to start

the idea is to make sure new users are going somewhere that isn’t an “empty mall”

Yeah the one on the left is likely driven by events about to start yes. The one on the right that’s insider-driven actually my property typically performs better than most of these and is “always on”. IMO both here and genesis should have a 4th thing on the far left “games that actually work”.

Oh is it really? Is this the same as polygonal minds too? I saw the grant is one author, deployment another. One thing about this onboarding - it doesn’t show the view modes, help menu overlay that the genesis robot does.

Hello,

Bumping in to clarify this.
Polygonal Mind did develop the Onboarding experience and yes, you can build a scene like that one with the Unity Editor Toolkit as it’s the inhouse tool we have made use of for 4 years but in a public, clean and better state for everyone to use and empower their creations with.

Getting back to the question itself, Polygonal Mind developed a scene that was fed by the events and the places API and randomly picked one. This means that the scene as how it was delivered never has the destination chosen beforehand. It is selected once the player has completed the journey and the portals open based on the array of the APIs.

This was done for obvious reasons: favour event makers by making use of the Events API and favour places by making use of the Places API. As far as I know both contents are fed by the community and not the foundation.

Any further modification after its initial release (Jan 2023) was not made by the studio.

Best,
kourtin

Hi Kourtin, I’ve been learning unity and very interested in changing how I deliver to DCL if this is the case. Is there any documentation yet for the requirements and for me to start trying it? Thanks for your reply I’ve been very curious about this.

Can you comment are polygonal minds and metadyne labs the same entity? Is this the same as the foundation as someone suggested?

I think upon investigating more it’s not so much random as being manipulated by these likes. See how my innovative game that is one of the best properties in DCL was attacked with 50% thumbs down? Most likely this is to stop poor people from having any success in business and for anti-competition. It’s highly likely that the USA communism forces of state-ran-entities such as Walmart, Microsoft, TaylorSwift have a strong presence here in DCL voting ensuring the poors can’t rise up by having Jerome Powwell print more money for them to buy all VP power. Here the USA communist-dollar is taking over DCL in this way.

Hey there, sure there are :slight_smile:

You can find them at the landing of the GitRepo

We are working on beautifying them a bit but contains the essentials to build, edit and introduce the game development pipeline in any Decentraland project.

Polygonal Mind* only uses its own name to deploy content on the platform.

2 Likes

Did you approve the new Genesis Plaza? Do you Approve Jump Ins?

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes, yes 1% 597 VP (66 votes)
  • Yes, no 1% 2 VP (3 votes)
  • No, yes 1% 1 VP (1 votes)
  • No, no 1% 3,395 VP (6 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 96% 2,586,260 VP (27 votes)

Hey thanks. I’m going through the read me now. Definitely I will try deploy something to my spare world using this technique. I’m not doing any SDK7 development again, but if I can deploy to steam and other platforms and DCL is an option kind of like upload a video to youtube, facebook and twitter then I’ll probably deploy something for multiple platforms in the future. So in theory we could see steam games coming to DCL with this?