[DAO:5f9e020] Retroactive Grant: Morph

Retroactive Grant: Morph

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 58% 6,910,083 VP (65 votes)
  • No 15% 1,881,864 VP (11 votes)
  • Abstain 27% 3,395,775 VP (12 votes)

Hi @Morph the governance proposal to pause all grants that are not platform-related has passed , and the implementation flow, among other things, is still unclear regarding the grants that were approved after the freeze proposal was accepted.

Although the rule is that contracts are created 15 days after the proposal passes we request the DAO Committee (@HPrivakos @Tobik @rizk) to wait before creating the corresponding Vesting Contract.

Once the thing is clarified we will proceed with the onboarding of this project, for which the execution timeframe (contract) will be reviewed if needed.

Regards and thank you!

I have it from multiple sources that the core units and DAO committee had a meeting and concluded that grants submitted before then end of the freeze grant wuold be honored.

It was the reason @web3nit submitted his grant hours before the freeze passed, because he was in that meeting.

Could you help me understand what changed since then?

[IMPLEMENTATION] Freeze All non-Platform Grant Spending (decentraland.org) There is this: 1. All grant proposals that were created while the binding Governance proposal voting period was open (From Jan 26, 2024, 2:18 AM UTC to Feb 9, 2024, 2:18 AM UTC), will be considered valid. The approved Grant proposals will be funded.

1 Like

Hey there, thank you for the heads up - just let me know what you need from me if anything, but as far as I understand as long as the grant was created before the freeze passed we should be ok to continue - Iā€™m ok to wait while we sort that out.

2 Likes

They changed their mind because they want to hold your grant hostage to get their own ability to apply for grants passed.

Hi! How are you? Sorry for the delay on this response but first I want to make it clear that I strong deny any insinuations suggesting hete that I have held back anything for personal purposes. Additionally, I have not participated in any meetings with Morph or other core units regarding this matter.

My decision-making process was solely aimed at ensuring proper approval for the implementation to determine its viability. DearHeadā€™s is rigth on this.

Given that the implementation has passed, I will proceed with onboarding this grant as usual.

Thank you for your understanding.
FIFI

For what itā€™s worth, the rest of the GSS was in such a meeting.

Apologies if my statement felt targeted at you personally, i have yet to find someone with anything bad to say about you. I was referring to the gss as a whole.

Hi @Banned,

I havenā€™t received any notification regarding the occurrence of that meeting or any instructions for the rest of the team to proceed with this grant. I need explicit confirmation whether this grant will be included or not according to the implementation.

Thanks for your comment.

All I know is, at the very least, @web3nit,@HPrivakos, @Fehz, @palewin, @Zino, and @yararasita were all in a meeting where they discussed the grant freeze, and at the time of that meeting, they all concluded that grants submitted prior to the freeze passing would be considered valid and honored.

If somehow that meeting occurred and the multiple members of the GSS failed to communicate to you the conclusion of that meeting, that seems like a failure on the GSS.

Itā€™s not your fault if they are bad communicators, but a failing nonetheless.

I hope you have a lovely day.

Indeed, that meeting took place but I must make two clarifications: 1) It was a meeting prior to the approval of the freeze. 2) Although we agreed on this, that group does not have the authority to make a decision about it.

Thatā€™s why, once the freeze was approved, we made the implementation proposal to clarify and define with the community the next steps since the implementation of the original proposal was not clear.

Regards and thank you!

2 Likes

Hi! Please DAO Committee (@HPrivakos @Tobik @rizk) proceed with the creation of this vesting contract.

Thanks

1 Like

Retroactive Grant: Morph

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfb1afa4dc069ffb47b19dbee196045d508fcd5a2)

Vesting Contract Addresses: 0xed445b84fab388541ac26d03a2e980a4860af80a