[DAO:470456b] DCL Gaming-focused Twitter and Blog Content

I’ve been writing about Decentraland since June of last year. That is not the extent of my writing and I gave 7 writing examples of recent and relevant work.

If anything, it sounds like I should have asked for 25k.

1 Like

This simply isn’t factually accurate.

i only asked for 18k for a year of work for dcl-metrics, so from my POV 15k for three months is high - but that’s just my opinion :person_shrugging: and as the votes are in your favor, it seems that it’s not an opinion that everyone shares. best of luck, it’s not anything personal

4 Likes

No hard feelings what so ever. I appreciate you being willing to engage with me about the merits of the idea and being wiling to provide sources for your data. I probably could have written a better budget break down and made the value proposition clearer.

2 Likes

The DCLReport team has their own scene in DCL, a YouTube channel, a Twitch channel, engage in live conversations with other projects in DCL and tweets about DCL as well and all that engagement were being done without being anonymous. Yet, they still have a challenge of getting viewers and getting more people to come visit DCL during their live session. So what would you do that would be different than the DCLReport team, and while being anonymous, that could be bring value to the DCL community with just writing and tweeting? And I stand by my point that what you intend to do can be mostly be done via ChatGPT.

5k a month is absurd, that is the pay of a professional full time journalist

1 Like

Yes, different jobs command different salaries.

As @dax has already pointed out, my request is by no means at the high end of potential rates for the service of simply creating the written content, not to mention promoting it.

For reference, I am basing my reply on the below grant request they submitted and the information within it.

> Key Metrics which we will track and report each month during the 6 month campaign to measure effectiveness and progress:
*> *
> Productivity
> Number of Videos Published
> Number of Views
*> *
> Traction
> Monthly growth rate of followers across channels
> Monthly growth rate of members on Community Page
*> *
> Sustainability
> Number of Sponsors Acquired (6-12 month partnerships)
> Number of Subscribers on Community Page

DCL Report did not list any measurable metrics to be held accountable against. I have.

If you would like to debate the merits of my metrics and if we should be considering others, that is one thing. But the fact that I have provided both content and KPI goals that can be quantified and compared is a major difference between this grant request and the one for the project you are using as a comparison.

One of the reasons I’m voting no is because funding you is to some extent supporting a toxic person that only generates a lousy environment, and makes people sad, angry and depressed. Not only is it terrible from a humanitarian point of view, but it also hurts the future of Decentraland.

In that sense, it’s impossible for me to separate the project from the person. Giving money to you would be providing you with the financial stability to keep doing these types of things.

2 Likes

While you are free to vote as you wish, I think it would be good if you refrained from hyperbole and stuck to facts when making your feelings known.

1 Like

I feel like this comment is entirely uncalled for. Feel how you want about jar0d and his work, but to say he only generates a lousy environment and makes people feel negative is ridiculous. This comment is extremely immature, in my opinion.

Aside from this ^, I’ve read nearly all the content jar0d has created since I’ve joined Decentraland and found him to be one of the most informative, especially about DCL Gaming. I think his articles are well researched and well written, and he provides important exposure and information about DCL that others simply aren’t taking the time to provide. Some may feel $15k is too high, but knowing the amount of time jar0d invests into research and writing, in addition to considering the other amounts other grants have been approved for to make similar if not less impactful content- it doesn’t seem like an unreasonable ask to me. Could he do it for less? Yeah, probably. But the same could be said about many other projects and at least we can trust that he will produce the content promised.

Voting yes because having someone willing to research and write about the happenings in DCL, specifically someone who is active in many of the different DCL communities, is important, and I think jar0d does a good job despite the often unwarranted negative feedback he’s constantly given.

3 Likes

It’s not immature, he is a bully. There is nothing to defend here and I’m surprised you as an educator (something you brought up multiple times) are defending him. Do we read the same DAO Discord server? Don’t you see a behaviour that consists of getting into fights with multiple people to start drama?

And that’s all what you see, because I know for a fact that not everyone wants to put a stop to this person.

Then do it for less. That’s all from me.

1 Like

As a DAO official, I think you should make sure to present facts when making such strong allegations against others.

It is clear that not everyone agrees with your perception of things, but you speak down to Mimsy as though she is on an island on her own.

1 Like

I don’t know @jar0d while i feel confident you can produce the content, I’m unsure of the dollar value. how will you ensure that your blog is found easily and what are the reviews? Same with tweets? A blog no one reads is like a delicious meal prepared for a dinner party where no guests show up – the effort and creativity are there, but it’s just not satisfying anyone’s appetite.

What happens after 3 months?

The price has already been discussed, and there is no compelling evidence to suggest I am asking for to much money.

It is fine that people don’t agree, but the facts are the facts. You aren’t going to find a quality writer who has nearly as much of a grasp of DCL or the community as I do for a lower cost. If you can, submit a grant to hire them.

I make no promises for the future. The website is prepaid for multiple years.

I’m not a big fan of content or temporary based grants, I think that content creators should be willing to make content in order to expand and grow their userbase, which they can then profit from - funding these requests often does not see a great R:R due to the nicheness of the metaverse and can sometimes instill a sense that the Grant funds are here to provide pay-cheques.

HOWEVER - with that said, Jar0d is in the community discords day in & day out throughout the bear market, he is constantly outputting blogs/text/content across so many different DCL verticals (gaming/social/products/avatars) for free, and has a large knowledgebase of DCL and it’s more recent history.

Because of this previous activity, I’m happy to vote YES for this funding based on retroactive output, I’d like to see Jar0d use this money to scale his growth, so that he can then use this grant’s value indefinitely thanks to the grown user base for both him and the DCL community.

3 Likes

I like mfers with bad reputation, big “YES” from me.

after a 5 min search, here are some examples I found of members in the community (including myself) blocking Jarod for his toxic behavior. notice he posts all of these blocks himself & continues to be disrespectful towards each person. I do not believe this is behavior that should be supported, let alone well over paid for.

1 Like

Good afternoon PB. I don’t think there is a single person you’ve just injected into this conversation that wanted you to do that.

QxG

just because people follow you now does not dismiss the fact that you have a consistent pattern of toxic behavior on your platforms, and I do not think that dcl should pay for that

1 Like