[DAO:392f18b] Simplifying Actions with AI Integration (e.g., Buying, Renting, Selling Land)

by 0x4ff03f33114c7695bedd48a048bc09aacb86d3d0 (Brahms)

Should the following $40,000 grant in the Platform category be approved?

Abstract

Revolutionizing user interaction within Decentraland by employing AI technology, transforming complex actions into simple commands. This innovation aligns with Decentraland’s mission, offering a seamless interface that enhances engagement.

Grant size

40,000 USD in DAI

Project duration

12 months

Beneficiary address

0xf1d5c348eD8a18167a486756166Cd3aA3d866baB

Email address

avibrahms@gmail.com

Description

This project aims to make complex actions as easy as saying them. By integrating AI, we’ll simplify tasks like buying, renting, and selling land, or handling NFT transactions. It will foster community growth, keep users engaged, and contribute to Decentraland’s overall success.

Roadmap and milestones

1. Develop AI Technology (2 months)
  2. Integration with Decentraland’s Tech Stack (3-4 months)
  3. Maintenance and Continuous Improvement (Ongoing after initial 6-12 months)
    Regular updates and progress reports will be shared with the community to ensure transparency.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I’ll just wait for @Morph or @dogman to explain all the reasons this isn’t a good idea.

But if they like it, I’ll be happy to vote in favor.

Can you go into more depth as to why Ai would help simplify a process that is already pretty straight-forward? I personally have rented, bought, and sold land, and I don’t have any complaints. I want it to be a very concise and safe process that forces you to approve any permissions around your land.

In my opinion, interacting with buying and selling land is the most important contract interaction most of us have in DCL. I don’t want it to be “simplified” to the point that it becomes dangerous. We all know the story of the person who accidently listed their estate for 1500 mana instead of 15000 mana and it was immediately purchased by bots before the price could be edited. Could you help explain the pros and cons of this proposal in more detail?

I’m also very cautious to be spending money on projects that could wait until later when the price of mana is higher, or when we aren’t talking about a grant freeze.

This sounds totally retarded. Why would you do this?

Indeed, having an AI system would enhance and secure the buying/selling of properties. You are clearly an expert in DCL and likely an expert in Crypto. That’s why it’s so easy for you, and it’s easy for those who are tech-savvy. AI is a help for those who are not familiar with technology. AI assists the vast majority of people in avoiding mistakes, such as selling a parcel for 1500 instead of 15000. There’s a world of people outside of DCL who are eager to join if they had the right tools. AI comes to make things easier, even the things that are already easy for regular users. Our system will be optional, not mandatory. You can continue buying and selling as you have been since it’s easy for you. Help us provide tools to new users to make things easier for them. Thank you very much for your feedback and for reading our project.

This prop does not discuss how machine learning will integrated, what it will help with, how it will benefit dcl, or really mention anything of substance at all . Voting no. AI buzzwords do not equate to substance.

Can you identify the pain points in our current buying, selling, renting system? And how you would address them? That might help me understand the value you would add.

Voting no for now… I foresee an endless money pit with the maintenance, updates, etc., as we have now with the VR client, DCL metrics, DCL studio and all the other scattered projects that we have no roadmap for fully integrating into our platform, or even our website… what happens when we stop funding all this? Who will keep up with the updates, maintenance and server costs?

dude was like put AI to anything

what problem is this solving? why do we need “ai” to buy and sell land, is it to market make?

The procedures to do all this today are already quite simple, and although simplifying them further may be an advantage, I don’t think the change is relevant enough to push this forward.

On the other hand, refusing an advance because I have already gotten used to using the current methodology seems to me a mistake, but the resources of the DAO are scarce and I prefer to vote on proposals that focus on more visible changes.

I believe the foundation is already exploring AI and would be wasteful to double resources, that said, if you want to build a full MVP/prototype and showcase something valuable, we may be able to delegate a portion of the cost via a grant.

However, based on the overall description, this does not seem well though out or planned anywhere near enough to receive $40,000.

Simplifying Actions with AI Integration (e.g., Buying, Renting, Selling Land)

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 20,527 VP (29 votes)
  • No 98% 11,042,672 VP (93 votes)
  • Abstain 1% 772 VP (5 votes)