[DAO:526ff6a] DCL-AIHost : Virtual Land AI Assistant for everyone to use

by 0x88b174ad26c774d99184b22458aa64778d792bc3 (DaikenZ)

Should the following $18,500 grant in the Platform category be approved?

Abstract

DCL-AIHost aims to bring life to the Decentraland platform by providing an open source, interactive AI model that caters to incoming visitors on land. This project aims to enable everyone to solve the problem of land feeling lifeless and directionless, enhancing user experience and engagement and also providing utility.This project is not only for landowners but for the entire Decentraland community, making it a free and accessible tool for everyone.

Grant size

18,500 USD in DAI

Project duration

4 months

Beneficiary address

0x88b174aD26c774D99184b22458AA64778D792bc3

Email address

daikenz.metaverse@gmail.com

Description

DCL-AIHost is an open-source solution designed to address current problems in Decentraland, a virtual world. It brings life and interactivity to the land by providing an AI assistant to guide and assist visitors, enhancing their experience and engagement. The key features of DCL-AIHost include:

Open Source: DCL-AIHost is available as an npm package, allowing the Decentraland community to integrate it into their projects and contribute to its development.

Customizable: Landowners can customize the assistant’s appearance, placement, initial dialogues, persona, and backstory, creating unique and engaging experiences for visitors.

Interactive UI: The assistant features a user-friendly UI with buttons and text boxes for natural and intuitive interaction. Visitors can engage with the assistant through predefined dialogues or by communicating directly via text.

Voice Interaction: The assistant can speak in different voices, providing a more immersive experience for visitors. Future updates may include features like custom voices and voice cloning.

Custom Tasks: The assistant can be programmed to perform various tasks for the owner or visitors, allowing for high levels of customization and utility. Examples include controlling lights and playing music in a scene.

Insights and Analytics: The assistant provides useful insights to landowners, such as visitor count, session metrics, and more. This information helps owners make data-driven decisions to improve their land and visitor experience. Future updates may include comprehensive reports to analyze visitor preferences and feedback.

DCL-AIHost aims to make Decentraland more welcoming, engaging, and personalized, enhancing user satisfaction and promoting the growth of the virtual world.

Due to the 3500 word limit here is the link to the detailed proposal -

Roadmap and milestones

Foundation Setup (3 weeks): Establishing the foundation of the AI model, integrating Convai’s core character API, and implementing context retention and persona-based interactions.

Platform Integration (3 weeks): Integrating the assistant with the Decentraland platform, creating an npm package, and ensuring easy installation and usage in Decentraland projects.

UI and Customization (4 weeks): Developing a user-friendly UI for the assistant, implementing customization features for 3D models, positions, initial dialogues, and backstories.

Voice Interaction (2 weeks): Implementing voice interaction by integrating a text-to-speech service and providing options for different voices.

Insights and Analytics (2 weeks): Developing insights and analytics features to provide useful information to landowners, such as visitor count and session metrics.

Documentation (1 week): Creating detailed documentation for easy setup and usage of the DCL-AIHost package.

Testing and Launch (2 weeks): Conducting comprehensive testing of all features and officially launching the DCL-AIHost package.

The estimated project duration is approximately 4 months, considering the time required for each phase.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

This is the visualization of how it will look like on the land

1 Like

Do you have any references and locations that can be viewed as to the DCL community members that have worked with you before?

I appreciate your question, and I totally get where you’re coming from. In an ideal world, I’d love to show you all the cool stuff I’ve worked on before. But here’s the thing - I was a lead developer at a well known studio, and when I signed on, I also signed a contract that’s pretty strict about confidentiality. So, I can’t really point to specific projects and say “I did that.”

But here’s what I can tell you - I’ve been deep in the trenches of DCL development. From creating intricate game mechanics using the SDK, to setting up and managing backends that ensure everything runs like a well-oiled machine, I’ve done it all. I’ve worked on a wide variety of projects, from parties and collab events to games. I’ve even ventured beyond Genesis City to work on projects on catalyst nodes.

So, when it comes to the technical side of things, you could say I’ve been around the block a few times. I’ve seen the challenges that can pop up and I’ve learned how to navigate them. I’ve got a pretty solid handle on the ins and outs of DCL development.

I know it’s a bit of a leap of faith without being able to see my past work. So, I am doing something which I probably should have done earlier, to give a better idea of what I can do. I’m putting together a scene using the latest SDK 7. It’s going to be a showcase of my technical skills and creativity, and I’ll publish it on my WORLD.

So, keep an eye out for that! I’m super excited about this project and I’m committed to making something that’s going to really enhance the Decentraland experience.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. I’m not sure what gave you the impression that this is just a simple Python script. But let me assure you, we’re working on something much more complex - a library.

You see, we’re not just creating a scene; we’re developing an npm package. And that’s a whole different ball game. It needs to be robust, scalable, and efficient because it’s going to be used by a lot of people. We can’t afford to have the assistants messing up anyone’s experience. So, creating a library that meets these standards is a task that requires significant time, expertise, and a bit of funding.

But hey, if you know someone who can do all that in a week for less, send them my way! I’m always on the lookout for a bargain😉

2 Likes

This is a really cool idea; it sounds something like a Character.AI implementation in DCL!

I don’t know if you have looked into funding from alternative grant programs outside of Decentraland as well, but they are worth mentioning: ‘Inworld’ AI has a diverse program that will provide you with funding for creating AI characters/adding them to game spaces. I haven’t looked too far into them, just pointing out some additional avenues to get more funding to make it even better!

@TheCryptoTrader69 Thank you so much for your thoughtful suggestion about the ‘Inworld’ AI grant program. It’s a great idea and I appreciate your proactive advice. However, I’m quite optimistic about our current grant proposal with Decentraland. If successful, we’ll have sufficient funds to continue development and release this feature. But we’ll definitely keep ‘Inworld’ AI in mind as we look to expand and enhance our project. Thanks again for your support and for being part of our journey!"

DCL-AIHost : Virtual Land AI Assistant for everyone to use

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 4,507 VP (27 votes)
  • No 91% 6,101,656 VP (46 votes)
  • Abstain 8% 557,225 VP (26 votes)