by 0xdef79f2b0e466260b1e87264d327d03de0eac50c (escreador)
Should the following $32,400 grant in the Sponsorship category be approved?
We are developing a Metaverse Gaming Center (MGC), a phygital space located in Bogotá, Colombia. The primary purpose of this Center is to empower creators to interact, co-create, and learn about Decentraland game development. Here is a floor plan of the MGC: DCL Espacio Creador Phygital Space - Google Drive
With the release of the SDK 7, the possibilities for game developers have been significantly increased. Our initiative aims to make Decentraland accessible to a new generation of talented creators interested in developing games for the platform while pushing our fashion initiative.
By offering this resource, we hope to inspire and educate our community, fostering a culture of innovation and creativity that will shape the future of Decentraland.
32,400 USD in DAI
Since establishing Espacio Creador DAO (https://escreador.wtf/), we have collaborated with Latin American creators to democratize access to web3 and Decentraland. A year of co-creation with various artists from the region has highlighted experiential learning as the most effective way to ensure accessibility.
Over the past year, we’ve successfully hosted phygital events and activities: Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases., Leveraging this experience, and after analyzing the needs of the platform, we propose the development of a Metaverse Gaming Center (MGC) in Bogotá, Colombia. The Center will serve as a hub for promoting Decentraland game related development. We recognize the symbiosis of gaming, fashion and technology as a driving force for adopting virtual worlds.
While we acknowledge that a fully equipped MGC is resource-intensive, our extensive experience with phygital events and gaming equips us to develop the initial iteration of the MGC. This first phase will allow us to gauge engagement from Latin American creators and measure the retention of these creators in Decentraland. Our primary goal is to educate future designers on developing Decentraland games and wearables, while offering an engaging phygital space for newcomers to explore and learn about Decentraland.
The MGC project promises to be a dynamic space for individuals to learn about, interact with, and contribute to Decentraland. By bridging the physical and virtual worlds, the MGC will champion user adoption, content creation, and community development in the region.
Key features of the MGC will include:
Educational Workshops: Regular workshops introducing users to Decentraland, and its suite of tools and resources for crafting unique content and experiences.
Interactive Exhibits: An immersive showcase of the latest developments, art, and applications within the Decentraland ecosystem, facilitated by DCL VR. Decentraland VR on SideQuest - Oculus Quest Games & Apps including AppLab Games ( Oculus App Lab ).
Creation Spaces: Dedicated areas for creators and developers to collaborate, innovate, and generate games for Decentraland, equipped with essential tools, software, and hardware.
Networking and Events: Regular meetups, hackathons, and other community events to stimulate networking and collaboration among Decentraland users, creators, and enthusiasts.
We are excited to forge partnerships with local institutions like Universidad Nacional de Colombia and Uniminuto, as well as businesses like Casa Taller, Taller de Diseño and VIIO, to spread awareness and catalyse adoption. The MGC will serve as a lively venue for regular events, workshops, and meetups to foster community engagement.
Phase 1: Design
Weeks 1-2: Planing
- Assemble project team and assign roles and responsibilities.
- Develop project charter and establish clear objectives, deliverables, and timelines.
Weeks 3-4: Site Selection and Design
- Identify potential locations for the MGC and conduct site visits.
- Negotiate lease terms and finalize venue selection.
Weeks 5-6: Procurement Planning
- Identify necessary equipment, tools, and resources for the MGC.
- Source vendors and obtain quotes for equipment.
- Develop a procurement plan and timeline.
Phase 2: Setup
Weeks 7-10: Preparations
- Begin procurement of equipment and tools based on the procurement plan.
- Start the hiring process for MGC staff, including roles for workshop facilitators, event coordinators, and technical support.
- Begin setup of the MGC according to design and layout plans.
- Install equipment and set up workshop, exhibit, and creation spaces.
Weeks 11-12: Staff Training
- Conduct training for MGC staff on Decentraland, metaverse concepts, equipment use, SDK 7 development and other relevant topics.
- Develop schedules for workshops, events, and other activities.
Weeks 13-14: Launch Preparations
- Finalize schedules and plans for workshops, exhibits, and events.
- Develop marketing and promotional materials for the MGC launch.
Phase 3: Launch
Weeks 15-16: Official Launch
- Host the official public launch of the MGC.
- Begin conducting workshops, showcasing exhibits, and hosting events.