[DAO:1eb96b6] Add Sinful to DAO Committee

by 0x521b0fef9cdcf250abaf8e7bc798cbe13fa98692 (Kyllian)

Should Sinful be added to DAO Committee?

Address

0x9DAb43Bc15BD29Cfe3030cA1b7EDb3EEb9f3b6c1

Reasons for adding

Why are you applying?

In the 18 months that I have been on Decentraland, I have spent literally thousands of hours outreaching, getting to know, and supporting the Decentraland Community. I am the producer and host of Beyond the NFT a long running weekly live streamed show that focuses on Decentraland Community members and creators, many of them grant-supported. I also am the co founder of Community Building Decentraland discord which is a collective of Decentraland Communities, We also host weekly twitter spaces on Wednesdays at noon. These two projects give me a unique opportunity to explore and share community insights that would be valuable to the Dao Team. I am passionate about Decentraland and my commitment to the space goes far beyond the 5 hours of technical work per week that this position calls for. Being a member of the DAO committee would be a opportunity for me to part of something bigger than I am and do my part in contributing to a developing space.

What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentraland’s DAO?

I am a Decentraland Streamer , Show host and Community memeber. In the DAO I am an active voter and Grantee.

Evidence

What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring to the committee?

As an experienced event coordinator, I have a proven track record of effectively organizing events on Decentraland, which demonstrates my attention to detail and organizational skills. These skills will assist with administrative tasks such as ensuring that smart contract lists are up to date and accurate.

Additionally, my proficiency in public speaking enables me to confidently take the lead on public DAO events and speak at in-person conferences. This skill set is invaluable for engaging with the wider community, promoting the DAO’s initiatives, and generating interest and support. Moreover, my experience in Discord moderation equips me with the capability to effectively enforce the rules and maintain a positive and inclusive environment within the Discord server.

I have been actively involved in the crypto space since 2014, which provides me with a deep understanding of the industry and its evolving dynamics. This experience allows me to navigate the intricacies of executing treasury operations, including transfers and fund swaps, with a high level of competence and security awareness. Furthermore, my extensive involvement in the web industry over the past 20 months as a full-time professional has honed my technical skills and problem-solving abilities, making me well-equipped to handle the deployment, funding, and revocation of vesting contracts within the Grants Program.

Lastly, my trustworthy reputation is evidenced by being entrusted with VP from 18 wallets. This demonstrates my integrity, reliability, and the confidence others have in my abilities to handle sensitive responsibilities.

In conclusion, my bilingualism, communication skills, event coordination experience, public speaking abilities, proficiency in Discord moderation, crypto background, and web industry expertise make me an excellent candidate for the position of a member of the DAO Committee.

Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information that will help the community when evaluating candidates.

Application: https://forum.decentraland.org/t/call-for-candidates-dao-committee/19215/13

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

easy YES! from me. Not sure what the DAO committee does but @SinfulMeatStick has been nonstop doing everything he can for Decentraland for years now that I have known him. Whatever this job entitles I know he will give 1000% to the role as he has always done.

2 Likes

Voted!
We need someone in the DAO committee that voices out to the People and actually listens and present himself to the people. his doing this as much as possibly could 24/7!

2 Likes

Transparency, transparency, transparency

For anyone who’s ever asked for better communication and transparency from the DAO, Sinful has a track record that proves this is his strength. It is my belief that Decentraland will benefit from having a DAO committee member who has already forged pathways of communication within our community.

It should come as no surprise that I adamantly support Sinful for this position. He and I host the longest running Twitter space in Decentraland. We started that space to foster communication between users of the platform, and to give everyone in the community a voice. I have seen him put the needs of the community before his own on multiple occasions. His drive to help new users literally gets him out there… he is often in genesis plaza, just waiting for someone who needs help.

It is my opinion that we need this same energy in our DAO. We need someone who doesn’t just work quietly behind the scenes in isolation, we need someone who is so passionate about the platform they are actively finding new ways to onboard users. It is clear that Sinful has this skill set. With Sinful we will get a level of passion for the platform in the DAO that I don’t believe we’ve seen yet. In conjunction with the other team members, I’m excited to see where that energy could take our DAO as we navigate the next 5-10 years in Decentraland.

2 Likes

Absolutely! Given your significant contributions to Decentraland and your increasing involvement, you deserve to have a say in shaping the future mew

2 Likes

I cannot think of a better candidate. Sinful has proven for quite some time that community communication is his top priority. He has done the work and I believe he will continue to go above and beyond. I believe there would be a healthy balance of benefit to both Decentraland as whole and Sinful to see him in this position.

2 Likes

Sinful has been grinding and building in DCL for a long time. He has proven his value, work ethic, reliability, and trustworthiness. He has always taken the time to educate me, and others, and always welcomes new community members with open arms. In my opinion, he is one of the most positive forces in the community and truly has the best interest at heart for DCL. Easy yes.

2 Likes

I’ve known Sinful since mid 2021 and have worked with him on a few projects/events in DCL. I can attest to his passion and drive to make DCL an enjoyable place to be. He is fair, level headed and brings a tremendous amount of knowledge and insight to the table. He has proven his worth with his consistent weekly events like Beyond The NFT, CBD twitter spaces, etc. The DAO will only benefit by having Sinful as a committee member. Voted YES!

2 Likes

I am relatively new and Sinful has always nice, friendly in action (and sound of voice), very professional, and all with a drippy forward-thinking mew-style, an ULTRA YES from me! Love DCL!

1 Like

if you want someone whos been through the trenches and seen how things work, knows how to get things done, and is dope, this is ur dude

Add Sinful to DAO Committee

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 75% 5,196,354 VP (120 votes)
  • No 1% 5 VP (5 votes)
  • Abstain 24% 1,681,091 VP (32 votes)