[DAO:1b176b5] Support DCL Reporters and Improve Content Quality

Let me explain:

DCL Reporters are not employees, and The DCL Report is and has always been a Participate-to-Earn experience around the historic preservation of the metaverse. It says that first thing on our website…

No one is forced to be a reporter, these individuals all agree to the rewards for being a part of this fully volunteer driven experience, by the community for the community. So for you to say “you have a problem with reporters not being paid except xyz…” Have you spoken with any of the reporters on this? Why would any reporter agree to this and continue reporting if they didn’t find value in it? They can stop, just like myself, at anytime?

In the end I don’t believe my actions were the best example I should give. I also disagree with the approach many of you take towards creativity and the fact that people say we don’t deserve to have the funding to create this vision means you genuinely don’t see the value in it, and that is fair to say, but to vote NO is to block the people who do see value in it. It is to say you stand AGAINST supporting the only Decentralized News Network in the metaverse. This to me is a defining moment in how I’ve seen Decentraland evolve; a lot of you care more about CONTROL than CREATIVITY!

Well congrats, have your control and I hope it suits you well :wink:

It was good meeting you and PinkBambi the other night in real life. My wife and I had a good time talking with both of you. We believe you both are good people. However, I do not compromise my principles for anyone.

As for this:

:rofl: Doesn’t ring a bell for me, but I guess we will see if the DCL reporter stays a “friend” to DCL if the grant doesn’t pass. If the DCL reporter doesn’t stick around, what do you consider them?

Actually I was honest with you and confronted you with the issue. I want to be clear, I found your last DM to me as rude and uncalled for. Therefore I will NOT be answering it.

You are hilarious, a friend to DCL? If the DCL Report doesn’t stick around?

The same people who want to control us to stop our creativity are the same ones telling us to stick around? xD

Wide in the open, I hope people will “see” this.

1 Like

Changing my vote back to no. “Control” your asking for money from the community that votes. We the people control the dao funds not your project. You run a business good use your funds from profit then. Dont want to pay people and run it like a 401c run it like a charity then. Participate to earn they push content and earn they could also get a dang decent basic pay. They push content for the community not just you. Fact as someone running a business you didnt think to add that in is disgusting to me. Could give a damn about your project sink or swim at this point no one here is trying to control it. You assuming this 120k makes or breaks the report speaks for itself. I put money into supporting you and to come at people who who have done that is funny when they give you true opinions. Youve already got enough to buy 3-4 houses in my area in past grants. Think just cause you were on TV makes you fn special? Think your always gonna be the only DECENTRALIZED DCL Report. Get fn rekt. You Look more like a narcissistic clown whose riding on the back of good people trying to make names for them selves at this point and shill xpand then someone who even cares about this platform. Pretty common in passive aggressive reply people. Wink Smiley Face.

3 Likes

“SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT TO SEE US FAIL”

Yes, a consequence being a liar and a thief…

1 Like

hahah shit Kevin is still around? what has the report actually done for the community. Ive been a bit out of touch recently but where the fuck were they when DCL was boomin?

What? $16K for a “Nastya’s SUPER RARE Gift Pack” - This was an investment from the DCL Report? @KevinOnEarth

Was it a good Investment from DCL Report?

Hello, thank you for the detailed proposal. I was set to vote yes because I like what the DCL report does and the reporters who volunteer their time to provide information to the DCL community. I am also a member of the Discord and follow you on Twitch. You really lost me as a supporter though with your replies to the community. I understand that you may be frustrated since, as my understanding, this is the third time that you have submitted a request however being able to take feedback which you may not like and turn it into a positive is important in life and in business especially when you are asking for DAO funds. Turn what you feel is negative feedback into a learning opportunity so that you win in the end. I wish you all the best and hope nothing but good things for you!

2 Likes

I agree with @DedHeadJ here about the replies. There’s too much negativity in DCL right now, and we should try to be more respectful to each other when speaking, even if we don’t agree.

And I still believe when looking at the cost breakdown to see a single persons salary be covered for the same price as multiple reporters, it feels off. I still believe in what the Report is for DCL and what the Reporters do, but I’m afraid at this time I will be voting no.

Support DCL Reporters and Improve Content Quality

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 36% 988,214 VP (64 votes)
  • No 64% 1,697,432 VP (39 votes)