[DAO:1b176b5] Support DCL Reporters and Improve Content Quality

Can you explain to me what makes you a “decentralized” Streamer and Sinful a “centralized” Streamer?

I’m not a streamer but personally I just don’t see the added value. DCL Report is your creation. So all reporters work for the name of your brand, don’t they?

With your brand, it should also be possible for you to attract investors and sponsors outside of DCL and to hold events on your land.

IMO voting NO for this Grant doesn’t mean to vote NO against the DCL Community having the right to accessing coverage through their own “decentralized” news network.

Thank you what you have done in the past and i wish you all the best for the future.

3 Likes

A decentralized solution that has asked for 4-5 DCL DAO grants already and is trying to ask for another one still… nobody wants to see you fail, but after multiple grants and questionable performance, the real decentralized solution is to see multiple small teams or individuals doing reports about Decentraland.

Could you please reply to my question about your security audit? You mentioned that nachomazzara did your security audit so I looked up his report and it shows 14 reported problems, some of critical and high security risks. Has the xpand smart contract been updated since his report and is there a new security audit available that fixed those 14 problems? or at least the critical and high ones?

https://gist.github.com/nachomazzara/38186ab77976249aa9775e1c9a514403
link to the security audit of your xpand smart contract

1 Like

Just seeing this, and yes all security vulnerabilities have been successfully solved for, thus the reason for doing the security audit ser…

Very easy to answer this and thank you for asking:

At the DCL Report, I can be removed via our DAO to no longer be a reporter on the DCL Report.

Sinful has created his own platform, which he could never be removed from by the community if found to be doing anything shady behind the scene, or if he was on purpose choosing different groups to support and others to shut down for personal gain.

We already attract sponsors, and hold NFTuesday weekly, you are welcome to join!

If you are voting no on this proposal, you are saying that a team of 7 Reporters 1 video editor 1 program manager, and 1 content manager don’t deserve $120k for the next 6 months don’t deserve to have DAO support for their effort. We will put into building more content, and supporting a platform built literally for the DCL community, by the DCL community, so indeed, voting NO on this proposal is to disable the only existing Decentralized News Network in DCL right now.

If you wanted me to not be on the DCL Report anymore, you could literally vote with $REPORT to make that happen. That is the difference ArtReYou

We have supported so many creators across DCL with our funding, and honestly, the fact is your aggression here 007 is full of conflict of interest seeing as you delegate VP to canessa and sinful, right? Then you come to sabotage other people you see as competitors?

I can assure you all issues have been solved, it would be very stupid for us to allow the Audit to be placed publicly and expose all the security issues without resolving them. Come on 007…think…

You are making accusations with 0 proof.

I am just asking you questions based on what I see (I provided links for everything I questioned above)
I found your security report with 14 problems. Could you link us to where you addressed these in the past, is there an updated report showing that the contract is now fixed?

1 Like

Thank you for answering my question.

If Sinful or any other Streamer would do shady things behind the scene and the community finds out - they will leave and their reputation would be destroyed. Its easy as that.

Im agree with DCL007, for me decentralized solution is to see multiple small teams or individuals doin reports about DCL.

In the past i did my part to support different artists & projects in the backround, also with let them using my land for free.

In the end, like in the real world, you can’t please everyone.

All the best Kevin

3 Likes

Of course, appreciate your expressing your thoughts here.

Only to clarify, having multiple individuals doing their own report is exactly what we do. Those individuals are voted on by our DAO using $REPORT tokens.

Community members earn $REPORT by holding a DCL name, land, or even NFTs from DCL based projects.

This way the community of DCL citizens manage and control their own Decentralized News Network! All made possible because of the building we did with our previous grant, now we want to focus our energy on producing exciting high quality content that will allow us to grow and reach self sustainability.

Did I mention that we also pay back 10% of our revenues to our community to the DCL DAO, and our reporters all earn a division of 40% share of the revenues as well. The remaining 50% of our revenues go to operational costs. Even this budget divide is managed by our DAO.

I think everyone here has made some great points. For me, I can see the value in the infrastructure that has currently been established and think that this COULD be an amazing platform for decentralized news. However, I agree that having already spent $120k this year and asking for another $120k for 6 months of videos with little traction right now seems like a pretty high investment.

I liked @SinfulMeatStick 's idea of waiting a little longer for another grant and feel like there is a lot of awesome free content being made.

But, @KevinClark did mention that they “have budgeted this grant funding to elevate the overall content quality to help the ecosystem and reach a community size where [they] can maintain [their] monthly operational costs”. Knowing the infrastructure is in place (minus the outstanding smart contract question by @DCL007) I think that if the grant were passed right now, it would be with the understanding that another is not coming and this must become sustainable.

Nothing else like this is being built right now and it would be a shame to see it fail if this $120k was the last bit needed to reach sustainability. A key metric would definitely be the value of $REPORT tokens and being able to pay reporters with that vs. DAO funds and increase in video viewers for sure.

All this said, it is a Yes from me!

1 Like

Hi Kevin,

I’m discouraged to see your responses. Whether you intend to or not, how you conduct yourself reflects upon this entire project and all of your reporters. I’m sure as a reporter, having CLEAR FACTS that are substantiated by research are of the utmost importance to you… as such, can you clarify a few things you said for me?

The reality is that you have a conflict of interest here even voting

1. How is my voting on this a conflict of interest? I make emotes, buy too many wearables, and co-host a Twitter space. Was my vote a conflict of interest when you sent me DM’s looking for support, or only when I voted no? I personally think I can look at proposals with an objective lens, since I am not attached to many projects in Decentraland. When I am, I refrain from voting (such as the recent Dollhouse Proposal or my own POI star). So I ask you again, how is my vote on this a conflict of interest?

the fact is your aggression here 007 is full of conflict of interest seeing as you delegate VP to canessa and sinful, right? Then you come to sabotage other people you see as competitors?

1. Kevin, respectfully, how can you be saying this? You are the leader of a group of reporters… and you just made a false claim. Have you done some research on who delegates to Sinful and I? Do you have any questions about my vp delegation that you’d like to ask me? THIS is what I mean by unprofessional behavior. Seeing you attack someone because you believe they delegate to someone who voted no on your proposal is a big red flag to me. Sinful and I only share one common delegator, and when they do come to the DAO, they have no problem voting their own mind. DCL007 does not delegate to me. Can you provide proof otherwise?

I’ve voted on 284 proposals in the Decentraland DAO, and your recent 3 are the only ones I’ve had such a lash out like this for voting against the proposal. Your 3 are the only ones that I’ve been tagged on Twitter for voting no and had words put in my mouth. And as a reporter, your project is one of the only ones responsible for reporting FACTS back to the users of DCL. Seeing you make a false claim about my vp after I voted no on your proposal forces me to start questioning your integrity, which I personally feel is a cornerstone of any good reporter. I would highly suggest for the benefit of your team that you look at this feedback objectively and not feel attacked.

I HAVE ALWAYS and WILL ALWAYS vote for the best interest of Decentraland. I encourage anyone who sees me voting otherwise to call me out. I look forward to your reply, and hope you can shed some light on your above statements.

~Canessa

6 Likes

I have to agree with your points here. I think @KevinOnEarth’s passion for this made him take this to a personal attack which was unnecessary, wrong and irrelevant. This is a good learning experience for all of us as we need to focus on the fundamentals.

I personally been in Kevin’s shoes and I have said stuff in my past (IRL) that I own up to. It’s not easy. People who are passion-driven tend to wear their heart on their sleeve. I do believe Kevin needs to work on his emotions. Scrutiny is part of asking anyone for money. Even VC firm’s can attack your personal history. Overriding your emotions to handle a situation effectively is part of growing pains as an entrepreneur. I am still willing to give this a last shot if he can admit his mistakes and promise to learn from this. Will you be forgiving if he does?

KevinOnEarth’s proposal was written out well and well-thought out. Remember this DCL Reporter will be a decentralized infrastructure where we can vote him out from his position if he fails to do a good job. However Kevin seems to have a track record of following through his previous proposals as far as I am aware. I am willing to give him another shot, if he publicly apologizes to all and says he will learn from this and will commit to keeping his team reporting honest news with little to no bias if possible.

He could have asked for $240K previously so there isn’t an issue with asking for multiple grants, however, it seems now the tide is changing and many including myself would like to see sustainability. I say we give DCL Reporter one last shot. If they can’t sustain their Decentralized Organization from here then so be it.

Imagine how I felt when someone started pointing out all the connections behind voter delegation that is happening. I’m sorry if I was misinformed and in my case didn’t clearly specify that I wasn’t making an allegation, but rather trying to verify whether this was true.

As you said yourself, you are ready to deny our proposal because you judge me as “unprofessional”, when honestly I don’t care what you think about me or the DCL Report because you clearly do not care for either.

Everyone, choose what you want, whether to support our team or whether to deny it, up to you :pray:

Thank you for your level headedness Tuda. All we are asking is for the same chance we believe others have been given and based on feedback everyone gave in the last 2 revisions.

So how the DAO works?
1 Reporter = 1 VP or Amount of $Report, so like the DAO from DCL?

What happens if the Reporter would vote you out of your very own project?

Who owns the “https://www.thedecentralandreport.com/” Domain?

Who owns the Privatkey from the $Report?

Whats gonna happen if something happen to you and you are not available for a longer time?

I bought one of your EarthBadge few months ago, but i’ve never received any $Report Token.

(EDIT: I’ve received the $Report Token few months ago)

1 Like

So you had a way to make things right:

However, after reading your reply to @Canessa, I feel you lost a sense of reality and level-headedness. You are a good person, however it seems like your ego took over here and you are at fault because YOU are the leader of this organization and the one asking for the grant. You cannot blame the market if it doesn’t see value in something.

I am not saying some of these comments weren’t targeted towards you, however all scrutiny is to be expected. I do not believe you handled the comments well. The community asked valid questions for the most part and you became defensive by being on the attack. This is NOT what I would want to see when I am giving a grant to someone. My reputation matters to me, how I can stand behind someone who would act that unprofessional?

I know this isn’t true and I am kind of disappointed you would say this, but to everyone here, how does this look if you are asking the same people for money? Sometimes it takes a bigger person to walk away or to apologize. It looks to me your Ego has killed yourself here. This is your own fault, not the fault of anyone else’s. So I also don’t believe any pity should be given to you. I hope you do not let this ruin your passion for this project and continue to prove us wrong. I only wish for the best!

3 Likes

I have a huge problem with the reporters not being paid except off donations and in the form of wearables. Im not gonna pry even tho curiosity wise id really be interested to know what they make individually off donations Their own channel sponsor and revenues aside. Thats one the main things that urks me about all this.

I also see some the comments you’ve made recently and im sure some comes from a place of passion but man its throwing some real shade on how you appear. Least to me and I can semi get that cause I go hard on some issues. I remember coming into dcl stopping by the report. The parkour people taking pictures taking selfies for xpand. Gary slaying the jump and nargoth being a strong contender. I think some stuff has come a long way. I still think the report is indeed beneficial for dcl. Probably will be more so when dcl grows. Otherwise I doubt Pablo woulda dropped vp. I remember buying the nft 999 when they were being released I was like around number 6 to do so. @AaronLeupp and I even had laugh cause you scoped my bag and thought it was his cause all the waifumons. Still it Just doesnt sit right with me @friskybumblebee and others not getting some form of definitive guaranteed monetary. Even if it was enough for a dang cheeseburger itd make me feel better. Time is money. Also reminds me how much I miss @Raevyn.

I think @ArtReYou has brought up valid points. Your calling sinful centralized yet im sure you hold the keys to many aspects of your own brand. Weather we have the ability to vote you out or not. That also puts a bad taste in my mouth. Why does what hes doing even matter. His program is its own thing. Are you trying to make a case of set set precedence? Youve literally jumped into cdb today throwing shade and made statements that could be seen from as a form of malice. Now I dont have alot of vp so I dont care. The people in that discord are a free form of collective and tho you might not care about peoples opinion’s i know there is a strong bond of friendship in there. Its actually been a great privilege to see some the whales donate vp to those people in there and see how they vote. Despite peoples ignorance thinking they are gate keepers its pretty common to see them vote different then one another. They debate and really discuss issues the way voting should be. Ill vote yes on this but I greatly want to see some form of monetary value given to the reporters outside nfts, donation break downs and report tokens.

4 Likes

I tried xpand few months ago, and for me personal its nothing i would use in the future.

I agree with @DCL007, its easier to communicate with people on a platform that is already being used by millions.

3 Likes

No, I never said that. There’s a difference in saying “you are unprofessional” vs. “your demeanor could have been more professional” In my line of work it’s vital to separate the person from the behavior. I don’t dislike you. I don’t dislike your project. I dislike spending $240,000 on your project. And I dislike how you’ve attacked the people who have voted no on your proposal.

Do you think you’ll be answering my previous question about how my vote is a conflict of interest on this proposal? I intend to vote on more proposals in the DAO and if I’m missing something I would honestly like to know.

4 Likes

Works as, 1 $REPORT = 1 VP: Snapshot

The DCL Report as a project and brand is operated by ImagineOnEarth, my own think tank for creative works. I can be voted off as a Reporter but I’d still be in operations obviously.

Also, everyone who has $REPORT can vote, not just reporters. We are now implementing a $REPORT theshold so even community members can author proposals.

ImagineOnEarth owns the domain.

$REPORT is stored in a multi-sig wallet managed by myself and Alek Founder of Xpand. This is to prevent hacking and such.

It really depends, right now without me I don’t think the DCL Report would do very much, maybe that is an assumption worth testing?

And yes, OnEarth badge holders who had their badge during the Mint of the token got theirs dropped <3

1 Like

Honestly, I feel like so many of these people on this channel are fake and crave control. It goes against the entire spirit of DCL that inspired me. Instead of creators supporting creators, it’s a “high school drama” played out by a cast of “web3 influencers”. It’s sad, and trust me when I say, the whole ecosystem sees it.

I have private messaged pretty much all of you, I know many of you who vote here including people like @SinfulMeatStick never even reply to my DM’s but then are quick to vote No as soon as we post our proposals.

I really don’t care if you, or anyone stands behind me. I’m not doing this because people are standing behind me, or with me, I do it because I know it’s right. Have you ever heard of the term “Fair Weather Friend”?

Just note that, I know who you are among this movement who always stood up for me and The DCL Report. I know you see me, and you know what we will do <3

Esse Quam Videri