[DAO:1abbd73] 3 weeks voting for grant requests

by 0x0d2d5a968127d3fea9dc5032c78724620980a62d (dclchess)

In my opinion, 2 weeks is not enough time for accurate voting on grants. I believe it would reduce the amount of revocations and increase transparency if there was an additional week to ask important questions and understand the goals of the grantee.

• Yes
  • No
  • Abstain
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Hello,

I agree with your thought process, but I lean toward a two-stage grant request process. The first stage should center on community discussion and sentiment. This would allow the grant requester a chance to gauge reception and, through feedback, tailor the request for the second stage should it make sense.

I will vote yes to move this discussion further.

1 Like

I like this idea @DedHeadJ! +1

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. The 3 week grant process could start with a 1 week poll which needs to pass before a 2 week grant request can be submitted.

1 Like

I think that grants should necessarily go through a poll before publishing the final proposal (or similar previous stage), although I don’t think it is necessary to modify the structure of a poll from 5 days to 7 days. 5 days is enough time to get an idea of ​​the community sentiment and adding 2 days delays the delivery of the deliverables unnecessarily, in addition to adding a “poll pre-grant” section I think it is unnecessary if the “poll” option can be used directly .

Although I think that this proposal is a good idea for larger projects, I also think that for small grants (less than 5000 USD) the process is too long and reduces the agility and incentive for small improvements that could be occurring.

In that case I vote yes.

The 2 step grant process would create voter transparency to mitigate the effects of last minute voting.

It would become significantly more difficult for corrupt grants to pass if the surprise voters have to declare their positions early.

The poll can improve the quality of grant requests by using comments from the community to make changes.

Having the 1 week poll would maintain the overall speed of the current grant process as some grants are not accepted. This quick turnaround would balance the delay for grants which are accepted.

I believe the best option is to have the poll be 1 week to give the grantee as much time as possible to interact with the community. The 5 day poll for governance is valid because there is a draft that follows the poll.

To keep things simple, I would not create different rules for various grant amounts.

The downside to having 2 step grants is slowing down grant requests by 1 week and requiring voters to be more active. In exchange for this, the powers of corruption would be disadvantaged and we will get higher quality grants through community feedback.

3 weeks voting for grant requests

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 45% 3,763,146 VP (36 votes)
  • No 53% 4,526,037 VP (8 votes)
  • Abstain 1% 2,575 VP (7 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 16,202 VP (1 votes)

3 weeks voting for grant requests

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)