[DAO:0c78d2f] Permanently ban jar0d

Vote: NO

Actions need to have logical consequences. What is described in this proposal is de-platforming and it is out of balance for the listed offences. Rob recently impugned my character in a forum post that has since been deleted. My response is there hanging like a phantom. I still have the forum post in an email notification if anyone wants to see it. In it Rob posted a photo of me in a tutu and holding a magic wand over my head (I am quite fond of this image so the attempt to shame me was a big FAIL). He suggested I was a child predator. He questioned my stated gender and sexual orientation as possibly being inauthentic.

As I understand it, Rob was muted from the DAO forum as a result. Perhaps that was why his post was deleted and he is now free to post here again. Rob also doxxed Jar0d on the DCL DAO Discord. That’s akin to stalking and harasment.

Shall I post a proposal to ban Rob? Have his actions warranted de-platforming? I’m not going to. That’s not my way.

I have been on this platform since late November. When I first encountered Jar0d, I preemptively blocked him on Twitter. Why even glance at the drama? After a number of people encouraged me to remove the block. I read a number of his articles about Decentraland, gaming, and the DistrictX calamity. I considered his grant proposal to receive payment for writing these articles. I reached out to him and engaged with him in DMs.

When Jar0d tweeted about Mr. Dhingia being transphobic, I contacted Mr. Dhingia directly and had a voice call with him to understand where he was coming from. In contrast to reaching out and engaging with each other, how will this space mature and develop if we seek to silence and block and de-platform each other.

Let’s have logical consequences that are equal to the offense. This is too extreme of an action that appears to be personally motivated and reactionary based on articles published about DistrictX.

6 Likes