2nd Request for Information from the Foundation

2° REQUEST FOR INFORMATION FROM THE FOUNDATION

We are excited to inaugurate the second round of RFI submissions, as part of the established RFI Procedure.

This thread will remain open for a continuous period of 45 days for community members to submit their questions through the provided template form. The questions will be ranked based on community votes/likes, with the highest-ranking questions forwarded to the Foundation. Once the current round of submissions is complete, a new round will be opened for further inquiries.

-Please visit the FAQ Section for the RFI Procedure, for a better understanding of the procedure and to get the template form.
-Previous RFI Round
-RFI Tracker

REMINDER: Please note that only posts relevant to the submission of RFIs will be allowed in the designated threads, and any unrelated posts will be subject to removal.

FORM TEMPLATE

-Title

-Name of requester/Address (optional)

-Category (Features | Roadmap | Technical | Marketing | Events | Metrics | Other)

-Introduction: Provide an introduction that explains the purpose and scope of the RFI. This can help the reader understand the context and importance of the questions being asked.

-General questions: Include some general questions that provide background information and context for the specific topics being addressed in the RFI.

-Specific questions: Include specific questions that address the topics or issues that you want to explore in greater detail. These questions should be clear, concise, and relevant to the purpose and scope of the RFI.

-Supporting documentation: Provide supporting documentation or examples that help clarify or support the questions being asked (screenshots, diagrams, or other visual aids that help illustrate).

what was asked in round 1?

1 Like

There were 3. I asked in regards to marketing. Forget the other 2. Will try to find the info for you.

[quote=“Fehz, post:1, topic:20090”]

-Title: Web Page and Blog

-Name of requester/Address (optional): 1Existence

-Category: Other

-Introduction: Every time an update to the platform occurs it is a surprise to everyone. There is a blog that is supposed to update us when those happen.
Metrics on different areas is difficult to account for. We need something to show specifically how many people are coming in to DCL for certain events or projects.

-General questions:

1. I would like to know why the Platform blogs stop in 2021? Why are these not being updated with current fixes/changes. Makes it look like a rugged project and would be beneficial for the community and outside parties.
  2. Can a reference code option be added to the login page. This could be used for events and projects to track attendance. Would also like to see the ability to send wearables when a specific code is entered to encourage new people.

-Supporting documentation:

Thanks for your questionnaire! :slightly_smiling_face:

Since one of the concerns is about metrics, I’d suggest to create another specific section/question for the metrics that you would like to have access.

I would also suggest start each question with intro/context and then the actual question, or separate in multiple questions.

Overall, and besides this “form” concerns, your questions are really valuable.

I can remove some of this as it was either answered in the AMA or I asked on the feedback site. Thank you. I will revise soon as I can.

As noted in this official blog post, why doesn’t the DAO have ownership/control of the Nine Plazas?

1 Like

Hey! Thanks for your question.

I’ll suggest to structure your questionnaire like this:

-Title: Plazas and Public Spaces

-Name of requester/Address (optional): jar0d

-Introduction: This questionnaire seeks deep dive into the ownership and management of the nine plazas and other public spaces in Genesis City.

-General questions:

1. Could you please clarify the current ownership status of the nine plazas and other ‘public spaces’ in Genesis City?

-Specific questions:

1. What are the Decentraland Foundation’s intentions and rationale for retaining ownership of the PLAZA LANDs?
  2. Can you outline any benefits or advantages that come with the Decentraland Foundation retaining ownership of these parcels in Genesis City?
  3. How the Foundation is managing the permissions to deploy scenes and content in PLAZAS?
  4. Can you provide insights into the long-term vision for the Genesis City “public” LANDs like PLAZAS?
  5. Are there any plans to transfer the ownership of the PLAZAS to the DAO or another entity in the future?

-Supporting documentation: Building the foundations for a decentralized virtual world - BLOGPOST

I’ll wait for your feedback to know if you want to add something to the questionnaire or if you want to move forward this way.

2 Likes

Thanks Fehz. I think I just want to add one more Specific Question, and otherwise, you’ve pretty much covered everything.

-Title: Plazas and Public Spaces

-Introduction: This questionnaire seeks deep dive into the ownership and management of the nine plazas and other public spaces in Genesis City.

-General questions:

1. Could you please clarify the current ownership status of the nine plazas and other ‘public spaces’ in Genesis City?

-Specific questions:

1. What are the Decentraland Foundation’s intentions and rationale for retaining ownership of the PLAZA LANDs?
  2. Can you outline any benefits or advantages that come with the Decentraland Foundation retaining ownership of these parcels in Genesis City?
  3. How the Foundation is managing the permissions to deploy scenes and content in PLAZAS?
  4. Can you provide insights into the long-term vision for the Genesis City “public” LANDs like PLAZAS?
  5. Are there any plans to transfer the ownership of the PLAZAS to the DAO or another entity in the future?
  6. What led to changing the decision to give the dao control of the Plazas at the same time as the Roads, as previously stated?

-Supporting documentation: Building the foundations for a decentralized virtual world - BLOGPOST

1 Like

Hey!

How are you?

Any changes you want to make to your questionnaire?

Ahhh yes, you can probably disregard mine all together. They replied to me about the blogs getting updated, Awedjob inquired about the code prompt at login during the AMA recently and Jar0d is asking the questions I had about the plazas. Thank you.

1 Like

-Title: Wearables and IP

-Introduction: This question seeks to understand the IP ownership of wearables

-General questions:

1. Could you clarify who owns the IP of wearables published in Decentraland by creators and brands?

-Specific questions:

1. If you give your wearables away via airdrops or at an event with a claimable in-world UI, does that transfer IP rights?
  2. If the wearable is given out as a game reward in the way Vroomway, Knights of Antrom, Exodus, or any number of other games in DCL do, does that transfer IP rights?
  3. if I purchase an item on secondary from someone other than the original creator, do I have ownership of the IP rights?
  4. I will probably have follow-up questions depending on the answer to the first three questions, for example: If give aways don’t transfer IP rights, how can I, as a purchaser on the secondary market, know if what I am buying does or does not give me the right to use the IP?

-Supporting documentation
as noted in the Terms of Use section 12.4

2nd Round of Submissions - CLOSED

Thanks everyone for your questionnaires! Following the procedure, we’ll still have 15 more days to upvote the different RFIs, but considering that we received two and there’s no need for a prioritization, will forward the questionnaires in advance to the Foundation and will leave this remaining 15 days in case someone wants to add something.

The 45 days period for the Foundation to answer will start counting from September 30th.

Please reach out in case you have any questions!

PS: Remember that you can follow up with the status in the RFI Tracker .

1 Like

Everyone who didn’t submit a question has to wait a minimum of 45 days before complaining about the foundation not communicating effectively.

Still 15 days to submit questionnaires for this round, and after those 15 days another round will be open.

&

Next Decentraland All Hands in less than a month from now.

1 Like

-Category: Technical

-Introduction:

This questionnaire seeks to explore the technical feasibility of hosting events in Genesis City and WORLDs with a substantial number of users supported by external servers. The primary objective is to determine the technical requirements for hosting events with a specific number of users and whether such hosting is permissible in both Genesis City and WORLDs virtual environments.

-General Questions:

1. What is the current maximum user capacity for hosting events within Genesis City and WORLDs without external server support?
  2. Are there any existing guidelines or policies in Genesis City and WORLDs regarding the use of external servers for hosting events? Please provide details if available.
  3. Are there any scalability considerations or limitations when it comes to using external servers to support a large number of users for events in those environments?
  4. If it is currently not possible to host events in Genesis City with external servers, do you have any plans or roadmaps for enabling this capability in the future? If so, can you provide an estimated timeline or milestones for when such a feature might become available?

-Specific Questions:

1. What would be the technical requirements (e.g., server specifications, bandwidth, security measures) for hosting an event with 100-500-1000 users in Genesis City and WORLDs using external servers?
  2. Are there any recommended external server providers or partners that have been used successfully for hosting events in these virtual environments?
  3. Could you provide insights into the cost implications of using external servers for event hosting in Genesis City and WORLDs?
  4. What measures or safeguards are in place to ensure the security and stability of events hosted on external servers within these environments?
  5. Are there any specific technical considerations or best practices that event organizers should adhere to when planning to use external servers in Genesis City and WORLDs?

Is it to late to request information about who at the Foundation endorsed and encouraged the promotion of the Architect Bienalle?

Still 9 days to submit questionnaires before we formally forward them to the Foundation, so you could ask.

What I’d suggest is to frame the questionnaire around the “how” and the process, and not about “who”. Maybe also making it more comprehensive and talking about all “endorsed” community events.

Interop Support via OMI specs

-Requester: Morph

-Category: Technical

-Introduction: We have recently had a prop for Seat/Vehicle support via OMI standards ([DAO:c7d1bf9] Should DCL work with and adopt OMI standards for Vehicles & Seats?), this would not only enable these features for DCL, but would enable interop with all development so that seat/vehicle designs could be standardized for interoperability so that other metaverse engines can implement the majority of DCL backend in their client directly if they adhere to VRM/OMI standards.

-General questions

• Is there any plan for a standardized extendable model system (especially in regards to GLTF extensions) such as the ones defined by OMI?

-Specific questions:

• Does DCL plan to work with others on defining the standardization of these formats? We have an open invite to participate with OMI who is also connecting and enabling with other large metaverse builders such as Microsoft/Meta.
  • Will GLTF remain the standard for extended models moving forward?
  • Is there any plan to bring extensions to the avatar .GLBs (such as shape keys for eye/mouth movement, or weight bones for jiggle physics).

-Supporting documentation:

2 Likes