A call to add additional members to the Wearables Curation Committee.
While the wearables editor allows anyone to create wearables for Decentraland Avatars, all submissions must be reviewed and checked for technical issues or obvious infringements of Decentraland’s content policies before they may be minted on Polygon and distributed. The Wearables Curation Committee was formed to help with this process.
So far, the Curation Committee has been very successful in helping to review over 500 items. (See this query on The Graph for the most recent stats.)
There are currently only three individuals sitting on the Curation Committee, and the time and effort required to review submissions is exceeding their capacity.
To help guarantee that new wearables are reviewed and passed through the publication process in a timely manner, we need additional curation committee members.
Qualifications of Committee Members
Curation Committee members must have previous experience that demonstrates their ability to provide high quality, technical feedback to creators. Specifically, committee members should have (at a minimum):
- Practical experience with 3D modeling and animation
- A full understanding of skin weighting
- A full understanding of the 3D asset pipeline for Decentraland wearables as documented here
- An understanding of the glTF asset pipeline
- A general understanding of the Decentraland platform and Decentraland’s DAO
- A general understanding of blockchain transactions and layer 2 solutions
Compensation and time requirements
On August 20th, 2021, the DAO approved a proposal to compensate each committee member with 50 MANA for every item they review.
Committee members are compensated per item reviewed (not hourly), and there are no hard time requirements. That being said, the current committee members are working between 10 and 20 hours per week. This workload is expected to change as the number of active committee members fluctuates.
Suggested nomination process
Anyone from the community can nominate a candidate, but people should not nominate themselves. Please post nominations as responses to this thread.
A nomination should include:
- A short description of the candidate and their qualifications
- The candidate should then respond accepting the nomination
- The candidate may then provide further information and examples of their past performance and relevant experience if they feel they have something to add to the nomination
Providing comprehensive biographies and relevant portfolios are critical to ensuring that technically proficient candidates are voted in by the community.
As nominations are submitted and confirmed/accepted by the nominees in this thread, the DAO Facilitator can create a simple yes/no DAO proposal for each candidate’s addition to the committee (similar to the process used to hire the DAO Facilitator).