Stepping Down as DAO Committee Member and Joining the Decentraland Foundation

Hi everyone,

I am writing to let you know that I’m stepping down from my role as a DAO Committee member and any other positions connected with the Decentraland DAO. While I’ve enjoyed my time with the DAO, I am happy to announce that I’m stepping down to join the Decentraland Foundation as Executive Director.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Agus for his leadership, dedication, and hard work over the past 4 years in building and leading the Foundation to where it is today. It has been a privilege to work together and learn from him.

I see this next step as a great opportunity to utilize the experience I gained from my time with the DAO in guiding Decentraland to the next level. I think this knowledge will be invaluable in enhancing the relationship between the DAO and the Foundation and I look forward to streamlining communication between the two, so we can continue building a free and open platform for the spatial internet together.

My resignation from the DAO Committee will initiate the process of looking for a replacement. To this end, there is now a Hiring proposal type that will hopefully make the selection process more clear this time. It will be up to the DAO Committee, HPrivakos, and Tobik to announce the timings of the application period and selection process details.

Please do not see this as a farewell but as a change in my role. I will, of course, continue to be a part of the Decentraland community, and I look forward to working together to achieve our shared goals.

Thank you all for the fantastic experience—I am excited about this new chapter for me and Decentraland :rocket:

Best regards,
Yemel

21 Likes

Good luck! Thanks for your dedication to DCL.

2 Likes

Congrats @yemel keep pushing! Hope to see DCL flourish under your leadership! You have managed both parts of DCL! #building season!

4 Likes

Congratulations I wish you all the success and goodluck! <3 :heart: :v:

2 Likes

god speed bro !!!

2 Likes

Good luck on this new endeavor!

3 Likes